• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

could this be the problem as to why im not gone to bmq yet!!

PARAMEDIC

Inactive
Reaction score
well after 3 weeks of catching a kazillion sunfish, 2 large mouth and 1 rock bass, im back to wondering if and when  i'd be going, while doing that i retraced my process to see what could have gone wrong on my part......
1)im merit listed waiting for the call to get sworn in and go..... thats where im at right now..
2)meds clean passed
3)fit test passed
4)cfat passed

the only things that are bugging me are ...
during my interview the captain informed me that i was a very strong applicant for med tech(A) and after hearing about my excersize routine, (keep in mind we were still in the tail end of winter) i honestly told him that at that time my runs were 2 a week not much weight either...not trying to make excuses bcoz of winter. he informed me that i was a medium candidate for infantry, but since my interview my routine has drastically changed 6 k runs every morning and evening, push ups throughout the day..basically going all out on my excersises im in the best shape ever...i have been merit listed for a while now and yes i heard that the next selection board for infantry sits sometime in sept as told to me by my cfrc... that was a breif intro to my situation now to the questions
1) would my work out routine at the time of the interview hinder my chances of getting into the fall bmq (seeing as that captaiin would have put me down as a medium candidate for infantry before he sent my file for a job review and
2) is there anything i can do, as in making an appointment with the captain and letting him know my excersise routine now or rescheduling a new interview.

the files should be coming back from borden with job offers within this month or the next, would it be wise to wait till sept passes and hopefully get in... or beat the bullet and let the capt. know of my routine since my last engagement with him so that he can see the dramatic improvement so as to be put in advance standing for selection.

damn those three weeks of campin was a blessing, back to this head shrinking, nut busting crap again...
uncertainty is mofo enemy of the confident.
neways thx in advance for your replies
peace

Personnally, I don't think your workout routine will matter that much.  As long as you were doing something to stay fit should be fine.  If you passed your fitness test with flying colours, then you should be good to go.

Thx sundborg hope thats just it. just wanted to make sure that those werent making my file look bad when it came up for review.
anyone else want to shed light on the subject is welcome to

thx again

I didnt know there was a class for candidates, like medium candidate for inf or good one and so on..  I thought you either passed the requirements or didnt.  Can anyone be stopped from going in the inf if they barely passed the PT test.
thanks
James

Your change in current work out routine won't matter so much now.  What it will give you an edge on is during basic and then battle school.  The PFT score doesn't really matter all to much during selection phase, but you do have to pass it, its done to see if you won't die during your basic training!  It does count for something though, if it came down to the wire and 2 canidates were fighting for the same job and were exactly the same in all areas expect for one had a better PFT score he would get chosen.

That being said, an applicant could be rated higher or be given a higher MP (Military Potential) value on his/her interview if they have a more rigours work out routine.  The only reason I would see fit for you to have an update interview was if you were to change your MOC's.  That way during your update int. you could declare you new work out routine.  But...  seeing as though the review boards for 031 are sitting on Sept 15th and there is around 280 (combined) PPCLI and RCR slots open nation wide your chances are good if your on the merit list.

Back