• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDS General Eyre announces retirement

The only sailor that had a full term as CDS, Admiral Falls, wore pilot wings and got his start in the RCAF. For whatever reason, the RCN has historically struggled to force generate candidates for the hugest position. There have been quite a few VCDS that came from the senior service, though.
Sort of true, yes.

He did join the RCAF in 1942, but transferred to the RCN after WW2 and did the rest of his service until unification as a RCN fighter pilot and eventually commanded the Bonnie.

I can't imagine what kind of absolute masochist you would have to be to actually want the job at this time. Unless they possess powers of self-delusion that I can't even fathom.

I remember an extra Franco tech telling me 'the f*ing f*cker is f*ing f*cked' to descibe a catastrophic failure, which almost seems like a reasonable description for the CAF, except we still have room for further degradation.

On the plus side, I got my happy burning dumpster fire morale patch, so overall this week is looking up for me.

I can't imagine what kind of absolute masochist you would have to be to actually want the job at this time.

Simple...

ego inflating GIF by Jon Newman

Since guessing the next CDS has jumped the shark already, I’ll just add that I hope the next CDS ensures that gloves, toques and raincoats aren’t mis-employed.
Seems more like a job for the CFCWO not the CDS, just saying. Just remember the CAF is a self licking ice cream cone, except we are eating the cone first and wondering why we are a mess.

I can't imagine what kind of absolute masochist you would have to be to actually want the job at this time. Unless they possess powers of self-delusion that I can't even fathom.
Right? Like being in Cabinet, or running the RCMP, of prominent positions of that sort. You just can’t win.

CAF is an expensive department, that is not perceived by government to add value most days of the week, and that is profoundly and philosophically disliked by a significant enough portion of our population and legislators on the left wing. Everything about what CAF does or is supposed to do, and how, makes a certain portion of our government and people quite uncomfortable.

No way the job wouldn’t often suck.

I remember an extra Franco tech telling me 'the f*ing f*cker is f*ing f*cked' to descibe a catastrophic failure, which almost seems like a reasonable description for the CAF, except we still have room for further degradation
As Marion Cotillard put it, "That's a lot of fucking."

Right? Like being in Cabinet, or running the RCMP, of prominent positions of that sort. You just can’t win.

CAF is an expensive department, that is not perceived by government to add value most days of the week, and that is profoundly and philosophically disliked by a significant enough portion of our population and legislators on the left wing. Everything about what CAF does or is supposed to do, and how, makes a certain portion of our government and people quite uncomfortable.

No way the job wouldn’t often suck.
And for all that responsibility... the pay is pretty garbage

Unless they possess powers of self-delusion that I can't even fathom.
Funny....

I can't imagine what kind of absolute masochist you would have to be to actually want the job at this time.

Cause my thought to this was "or they are the kind of person that that spouts off the tried and true 'don't leave, if you just get promoted high enough, eventually you can change all this.'"

If we're lucky we'll get a new culture change program out of this.
It would be a shame not to let LGen Carignan continue her hard work to bring CPCC to a successful point where the CAF culture becomes what the Govt wants it to be. Someone else could always do the CDS job, don’t mess with CPCC.

It would be a shame not to let LGen Carignan continue her hard work to bring CPCC to a successful point where the CAF culture becomes what the Govt wants it to be. Someone else could always do the CDS job, don’t mess with CPCC.

I don't know, there's another female, military adjacent, who has done a lot of outreach to the junior ranks and has been in the news this week...

Back