• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians joining the US Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo

Inactive
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if a Canadian wants to join the US military, what is the process to do so?

Try looking a few pages into this board, it was covered extensively a short time ago.

I found a thread on joining the British/Australian militaries in detail and a poll on joining the USMC specifically that focused on the conjecture around joining per se.

I was interested in beginning a thread similar to the aforementioned UK/OZ thread. I was specifically curious as to whether the 3 year requirement for citizenship still applied. There was mention in another thread that the US may reduce the amount of time to process a foreigner if the current recruitment numbers continue to falter.

I read enough of the USMC thread and have since lost interest in this topic for the most part. It has been about an hour since I wrote that. It comes from being a member of the Much Music generation. ::)

Don't make excuses for being lazy, a quick search would have found a lot of replies on this topic.

Anyways,

If you want to join the US Military as a Canadian citisen, its impossible unless you have atleast a green card, and to get a green card you need to be sponsored by an immediate family member(that either holds a US green card or citisenship) or by a US Company(no the US Military will not sponser you). I know this because I looked into joining the US Army awhile ago.

Enzo said:
Just out of curiosity, if a Canadian wants to join the US military, what is the process to do so?
That's an outstanding question!  Nobody has even considered such a thing before. Hope you get the answers you seek...

Kat

Read what Mike L's first statement, because you and the search function could be a great team.  This question has been asked and answered in great detail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back