• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Hockey

Zombie

Reaction score
I've read a bit about the forces internal sports leagues and wonder if anyone here is invloved in any of them, specifically hockey. How often do you play, what's the level of play, and where do you play. I'm currently on a couple of teams playing avg twice a week at a pretty good level (usually B or C division, mens league), and just got back from a tournament in Montreal. I like to play a lot, and wonder if this internal forces league would satisfy my appetite, or if I should try to stay on at least one of my teams (even though I may not get to play with them all the time).   :cdn:

I play. On the larger army bases each unit contributes at least one team. Larger units like the RCR, RCD CER contribute two or three teams at diffrent skill levels
We usually play once a week and practice 2x.

I also play downtown usually one or two games a week.

Practices?!? I haven't had a practice since I was about 18! That would be a great workout, more so than a game! Are the rinks on the bases?

Is that downtown Toronto where you play?

Most bases have rinks, and the ice time is free, or at least it was in St Jean, Kingston, Moose Jaw and Shearwater. Kingston and Shearwater both have noon hour shinny hockey Mon-Fri as well as intersection leagues. I'm sure most bases with their own rink are similar.  The only thing we've had to pay for are the Refs and time keepers, some leagues I've played in (Moose Jaw, Kingston, St Jean) we didn't have to pay anything, Shearwater makes us pay for Refs, probably because the Maritime Helicopter community is poor and can't fund hockey too.

There is a national CF Mens and Womens Hockey Final tournament here is Borden, so I'd say its pretty big.

I just hope they let us play while we are on course. :p

Back