• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Just a rehash of CoD MW2. The CoD series really isn't adding much anymore, its just shovelware like EA Sports franchises. At least with EA Sports, they add features.

Yeah I'll never purchase another Call of Duty after the horrid shit that was MW:2 ever again.

I may not be getting this after the huge MW2 letdown, and this is coming from the most die hard CoD fan around. Activision seems to be ruining anything they have a hand in these days.

A curse on Bobby Kotick!

I'll wait till reviews start coming out for the game after the release, and go from there.  I think the new Medal of Honor comes out in Oct so I'll be busy playing that, looks a lot better then CoD right now.

-Skeletor- said:
I'll wait till reviews start coming out for the game after the release, and go from there.  I think the new Medal of Honor comes out in Oct so I'll be busy playing that, looks a lot better then CoD right now.

I'm a big fan of the Frostbite engine after playing Bad Company 2. There's a few physics issues, but that might have just been EA. MoH looks pretty sweet.

I am also waiting for the reviews; I'm not sure whether I am going to get MOH or black Ops. I might also get New Vegas if it's not as glitchy as Fallout 3. That is pretty much my current plan for game purchases for the rest of the year.

I am very on the fence with Black Ops, if they learn to fix the problems with MW2, great, if not, oh well.

Apollo Diomedes said:
What was wrong with Modern Warfare 2?

Lack of dedicated servers.
Shitty single player campaign that was 6 hours long.
Rehashed multiplayer.

It was MW:1 with slightly nicer graphics and a few other toys.

TheHead said:
Lack of dedicated servers.
Shitty single player campaign that was 6 hours long.
Rehashed multiplayer.

It was MW:1 with slightly nicer graphics and a few other toys.

May I add:
Nuke boosters
Overpriced mappacks
Stupid campaign storyline
akimbo shotguns
Certain killstreaks (Depends who you ask)
"Noob tube" classes
Some of the perks

One thing that has to be taken into consideration is the team that is making Black Ops last made World at War and neither CoD4 or MW2. Since the turmoil at Infinity Ward has basically ended that shop and series it will be interesting to see what Treyarch will do as I have not been impressed with their games so far.

they took the most fun part out of the game... kiling nazi zombies with buddy tsk tsk

OkanaganHeat said:
One thing that has to be taken into consideration is the team that is making Black Ops last made World at War and neither CoD4 or MW2. Since the turmoil at Infinity Ward has basically ended that shop and series it will be interesting to see what Treyarch will do as I have not been impressed with their games so far.

Yeah World at War was a huge let down.

WaW is one of the reasons I'm staying away from Treyarch, they totally milked the CoD franchise. WaW was CoD 2 with new graphics.

To be honest, the only thing Treyarch did right were the Canadian missions in CoD3. We need more Canadian oriented campaigns I say!

I think the people who hated MW2 just sucked at the game.. In my opinion in was the best 1st person shooter ever made and ive played them all. The only complaint i had was, wichever team was hosting had a better connection wich was unfair.

That's a great attitude to have...  ::)

You can hate a game and be good at it. I used to match competitively in FPSs, and MW2 was just a rehash plot with pretty graphics made as a console port because they were too lazy to make a PC version. Cheaper to port the console version = more cash in their pocket.

Tlaidler said:
I think the people who hated MW2 just sucked at the game.. In my opinion in was the best 1st person shooter ever made and ive played them all. The only complaint i had was, wichever team was hosting had a better connection wich was unfair.

Haha that's the typical arguement MW:2 Fanboys use when they try and justify how bad their beloved game was.  The fact that you point out whichever team was hosting had a better connection makes the game bad to begin with.    The MW:2 Matchmaking system ripped apart any form of community the game had.  If you tried teaming up with friends or clans you were lucky to get half of them in the game or you would DC as soon as you logged on.  Than due to no dedicated servers the game is full of cheaters, hackers, stad padders and just typical FPS kiddie assholes.  The single player was absolute crap.  I do though give IW a pat on the back for making the air port level which is imo one of the best game levels ever created in terms of just plain shock value and setting up the storyline.  Once that level was over it was all down hill from there.   

You're saying it's the best first person shooter ever made? You obviously just started gaming and only  have a XBox 360 since you havn't played Half Life, Half Life 2 (The best FPS ever created), System Shock 1,2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Turok, Golden Eye, No one lives forever, CS:S, Perfect Dark, Dues Ex (Arguebly one of the best games ever created), Halo 1,  and Quake 2. 

PuckChaser said:
That's a great attitude to have...  ::)

You can hate a game and be good at it. I used to match competitively in FPSs, and MW2 was just a rehash plot with pretty graphics made as a console port because they were too lazy to make a PC version. Cheaper to port the console version = more cash in their pocket.

You're going to start seeing this more and more with games that are on all platforms.  Developers "dumbing" down PC games (Dragon Age Origins : 2, Dues Ex 3) so that the interfaces fit on Xbox and PS.

Back