• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

I read something similar about the ADF. They outsourced to Defence Force Recruiting, which outsourced to some company.

Funnily enough it turns out outsourced private companies will do the math on cost cutting vs increased production and increase profits by doing which ever is more efficient.

Handing it over to Capita has gone well then

They've been reinforced...

Army moves hundreds of troops from front line to recruitment offices because force is shrinking too quickly after falling by more than 3,000 troops in last year​

• Some 400 soldiers have been ordered into recruitment offices across the UK
  • Labour figures show the Army lost 9,438 troops last year, while just 6,308 joined
  • Slow application process and poor housing are being blamed for enlistment woe

The L.O.B. medal is revealed...

Armed Forces to receive new Wider Service Medal - here's who is eligible​

A new medal to broaden the recognition of service personnel carrying out operational roles has been announced.

The Wider Service Medal will be awarded to personnel delivering crucial operational impact, where the physical risk to life is lower than traditionally required for an operational medal.

The L.O.B. medal is revealed...

Armed Forces to receive new Wider Service Medal - here's who is eligible​

A new medal to broaden the recognition of service personnel carrying out operational roles has been announced.

The Wider Service Medal will be awarded to personnel delivering crucial operational impact, where the physical risk to life is lower than traditionally required for an operational medal.

LOB - Left Out of Battle?

This seems equivalent to the General Service Medal. Serve in Afghanistan? General Campaign Star. Support Afghanistan from Camp Mirage? General Service Medal.

Yes, that's what some are calling it ;)

To be fair, which is unlike me, it seems like it's kind of like our SSM.
My grand-dad was British Army in Second World War, prior to transferring - was a term he used when my mom got mad at me for getting bummed out having to stand on the parade square watching the rest of my platoon go off to Gulf War 1...

This seems equivalent to the General Service Medal. Serve in Afghanistan? General Campaign Star. Support Afghanistan from Camp Mirage? General Service Medal.
It says that one of the examples are folks on HM Submarines.

I have a few jokes in mind but I’ll keep quiet for now.

those people deserve a medal - I cannot fathom ;) being in a few bean cans welded end to end with a propulsion system that sits 200-300 meters underwater.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Or the SSM, my understanding is British soldiers in the eFP don’t get a medal, or much of anything frankly.

Or the SSM, my understanding is British soldiers in the eFP don’t get a medal, or much of anything frankly.
Do they get more than one egg at breakfast now? :ROFLMAO:

(A buddy of mine was the senior Log O in Suffield a while back)

Back