• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brian Mulroney has died

He was very good. I cannot recall anyone else with those skills, and today's crop leave a lot to be desired.

FDR was good - mind you I have only heard snippets of his stuff. I can remember Nixon being OK, Reagan not too bad either. Jimmy Carter was OK too.

Chretien we used to make fun of.
From what I remember from watching the news as a kid, Chretien was criticized by both English and French commentators because (apparently) he wasn't orally proficient in either language 😄.

To be fair, apparently it was a genetic speech defect. Until a couple of years ago I wasn't even they could be caused by that way.
And he got into politics and got himself the top job in the country or maybe the 2nd top job . In spite of it.

To be fair, apparently it was a genetic speech defect. Until a couple of years ago I wasn't even they could be caused by that way.
And he got into politics and got himself the top job in the country or maybe the 2nd top job . In spite of it.
Bell's Palsy; contracted in his youth.

Chrétien’s comments on Mulroney. There is respect and no animosity at all from Chrétien. The two most certainly had different styles, but I respect his view of Mulroney’s goals for the nation.

I shook the man's hand when I was at Brandon University in 1986. He had the ability to make you feel that you were the only person in the room with him. It was great to hear him speak.

Also he used the two majorities to do some major work for Canada both home and abroad. He had political capital and used every drop. His major failing to me was to be present for the creation of the Bloc and Reform. A couple of decisions going the other way could have stopped Reform cold, but he didn't and here we are today.

I shook the man's hand when I was at Brandon University in 1986. He had the ability to make you feel that you were the only person in the room with him. It was great to hear him speak.
I think that’s a common trait amongst good orators.

Back