• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Breaking the ice...

Sizzle709

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, Seeing this forum hasn't been posted in for the past two days. I thought I would break the ice.

I guess it is for some new people to talk and shoot questions back and forth without some of the more aggressive posters on this forum posting their sarcastic remarks ( I love it personally) and dimming the hopes of a potential candidate?

I don't really think that "dimming the hopes" is appropriate..

It's just a bunch of people on a forum saying stuff. If this dims their hopes, then they're not cut out to be part of the Canadian Forces anyways.. Also, if you love it why does it concern you?

I was just wondering why in particular this forum was made is all.

I had something witty to say, but erased it because it just perpetuates the tone of the forum..

In all honesty, I don't know why this section was created and I'm not going to bother to ask..

Well I have a masssssive question because im a little confused, I recently just got sworn in and finally enrolled in the NAVRES, specifically HMCS Chippawa based in Winnipeg, so basically the farthest away from any type of water, dead center in Canada, heh well my question is do Navy personnel ever wear CADPAT outside of Basic? like I love the NCDs and everything but I was kinda hoping on reppin' the CADPAT, I assumed the NAVRES unit im in, that are so far inland did, other day I turned out to be ill-informed.

This would be a question you should ask to someone in your unit.

Well Frank, I daresay the Naval reserve units in Saskatchewan hold the claim of most inland naval unit, but no matter. All naval reserve units throughout Canada should wear NCD's, but you can end up wearing Cadpat again, but I can't think of examples where we would besides PLQ. Such a run-on sentence, but I don't want to change it.

do Navy personnel ever wear CADPAT outside of Basic? 

There is a reg force navy PO2 attached to my unit (army), who wears cadpat on a daily basis.

At CFB Bagotville, there are a number of Navy members wearing the relish suit. From what my husband told me, if you are Navy and posted to an air or army base, you will be issued CADPAT.

Frankonopolous said:
Well I have a masssssive question because im a little confused, I recently just got sworn in and finally enrolled in the NAVRES, specifically HMCS Chippawa based in Winnipeg, so basically the farthest away from any type of water, dead center in Canada, heh well my question is do Navy personnel ever wear CADPAT outside of Basic? like I love the NCDs and everything but I was kinda hoping on reppin' the CADPAT, I assumed the NAVRES unit im in, that are so far inland did, other day I turned out to be ill-informed.

I'll send you a PM Monday on here with the name/email/phone of a contact at Chippewa. I'll fire her an email letting her know I'm going to give her contact info out. She'll be able to answer any questions you have regarding "what's normal/any expectations/queries you have" within that Unit.  She's good people.

Back