• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brad Pitt to star as General McChrystal in upcoming "The Operators" movie

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
For those wondering, it's based on this book.

Military.com

Brad Pitt Set to Star as Gen. McChrystal

Stars and Stripes | Apr 15, 2014 | by Patrick Dickson

WASHINGTON — Hollywood is going to war again, and this time, Brad Pitt is in charge.

Pitt will star as Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the former commander of all Western forces in Afghanistan, in a film adaptation of “The Operators,” the book that chronicles the rise and fall of McChrystal, and according to its cover, the “wild and terrifying inside story of America’s war in Afghanistan.”

No production date has been set, but David Michôd, who helmed 2010′s crime drama “Animal Kingdom,” will direct. Pitt’s Plan B company, which will produce “The Operators,” also produced last year’s best-picture Oscar winner, “12 Years A Slave.”

(...EDITED)

S.M.A. said:
in 2010, freelance writer Michael Hastings penned a Rolling Stone magazine article called “The Runaway General,” in which McChrystal and his staff mocked Vice President Joe Biden and several other senior civilian government officials. McChrystal tendered his resignation before the leaked article was published.

Hastings also wrote “The Operators.” He was killed in a single-car accident in Los Angeles in 2013.
Coincidence?    :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Sorry, I'm just not seeing Pitt as General Stan.  :(

Journeyman said:
Coincidence?    :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Sorry, I'm just not seeing Pitt as General Stan.  :(
Maybe after he eats one meal daily for months, cuts his weight by 25% and "bulks down"?

I thought that would have been catty of me to say......being sensitive and caring as I am.    :nod:

I won't be seeing that movie... Bad book, bad general, bad script. No thanks.

Phoenix80 said:
I won't be seeing that movie... Bad book, bad general, bad script. No thanks.
You've worked with the General and are familiar with his command and accomplishments?  You've read the script? 

It's missing the love interest angle that the Petraeus movie would have. :nod:

Journeyman said:
You've worked with the General and are familiar with his command and accomplishments?  You've read the script?

Read the book. Yes.

Back