• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Body Armour Protects US Soldier from an Insurgents Bullet in Iraq (video inside)

scm77

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a video taken by insurgents in Iraq.  It shows a US Soldier standing by a Humvee.  He is shot in the chest.  He is knocked to the ground but gets up after a second and takes cover behind the Humvee.  Fortunately he was wearing body armour, and even more fortunately the insurgents are too busy saying "Allah akbar" to shoot at him again.

http://www.donttouchmyride.com/CG.wmv

The video is not graphic (no blood or anything like that), but some may find it disturbing.

So remember (as if you need to be reminded) it may be hot and heavy, but it may save your life. :salute:

Too bad, he wasn't able to see them and return fire, at least from what we saw. ;D

A whole 33 seconds of film. you can't tell.

Check the guy out un the passenger seat. clear second shot

In case you were wondering what they are saying at the begining...

Umm-Qasr said:
First he says: let him walk more into the front so when you shoot him it will be a good shot ( like in a good angle for the vid). Then after the shot he says: shall I put the stuff away? The other guy says no. Then the first guy asks: did he fall? Yes, yes he fell ...

From someone who speaks arabic at the site I found this on.

mover1 said:
A whole 33 seconds of film. you can't tell.

Check the guy out un the passenger seat. clear second shot

Yeah, thats what I meant by "he wasn't able to see them and return fire, at least from what we saw" I should have added saw in that clip.  Obviously they got them somehow or we wouldnt have the tape.

http://www.donttouchmyride.com/CG.wmv

my goodness...

[edit: just a follow up, this is unbelievable. the troop takes what is likely to be a 7.62 in the left chest, and gets right back up. dont know the range or ammo specs, but that plate saved his life. hope ours are just as good]

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-976420.php

heres the story of what happened

Some pictures of the guy.

bodyarmour6tc.jpg

If you look carefully you can see where the bullet impacted (up and to the right of the letter E in "FACE")

Left quite a mark...
bruise2wq.jpg

Ouch, he is one very lucky guy, a little higher and he might not have been so fortunate.

humm I'll have to check around for the link, some US Marine took a 9mm in the face, well his jaw.  He was doing some CQB entry in a house in Fallujah, Iraq and did a look-see around the corner of a wall and boom, some Iraqi puts a 9mm ball round to the Devildogs front tooth.... pushed the tooth up into his upper jaw and the damn 9mm ball stuck into the tooth socket..... the Marine lived, in fact he jumped the Iraqi along with a couple of other Marines. right after the shot.... the story goes all the dumb-founded Iraqi could say during interigation was "Marines are bullet proof"

One luckly Marine...
Brush and Floss, you never know what your teeth will have to eat...

this is a "I shi# you not story"...

Do we essentially have the same plates as the US? I know the set-up will be different but would say. a Canadian soldier be able to take a shot from a 7.62 at 50yr with our ballistic protection? (in the same position as the marine took it) Curiosity killed the cat, I know...but he is wearing a some ceramic plates too  ;)
UBIQUE!!!

Back