• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - January 2012 [Merged]

MJ27829

Inactive
Reaction score
Who else is going?

I finally got the good word!  Who is coming with me?  HCA is my trade.

Congrats on the great news!  I was merit listed for Infantry O a week before they ran the last English BMOQ.  Hopefully all the stars will align and I will get a call too.  Not sure where in Canada you're from but make sure you pack plenty of warm clothes!  Quebec is a lot colder than here (Halifax) :p.

Thanks!  I'm in Moncton NB.  There's lots of time yet, just keep checking that your contact info is up to date at the recruiting centre.

Congrats. Very good news to hear they're running another course. I'm also on the merit list for Infantry Officer and hope to get picked up.

I just got the call today and accepted a position for Infantry Officer.  It took over 3 years but I finally made it.  Look forward to meeting you folks on the course.

MJ27829 said:
Congrats Halifax!!  Wow, three years!  You must be very excited.

Very excited and shocked.  I thought that I was going to have to wait another year!

I wonder if these calls are being made for decisions made weeks ago, or if decisions are ongoing.
I was merit listed on the 21st, I don't even know if I should be getting excited!

kenmnuggas said:
I wonder if these calls are being made for decisions made weeks ago, or if decisions are ongoing.
I was merit listed on the 21st, I don't even know if I should be getting excited!

They are recent for my situation.  I called around the 20th of September and was informed that there were no more positions for Infantry Officer available but be patient because things may change.  I guess they did.

clarkyo said:
I just got the call today and accepted a position for Infantry Officer.  It took over 3 years but I finally made it.  Look forward to meeting you folks on the course.

Congrats clarkyo, good things come to those who wait. I can't wait to get 'the call', hopefully for the upcoming course. 

Got my call today.
Started the process back in April 2011.
Training for Aerospace Telecommunication & Information Systems Technician.

Going to be at CFLRS.

Any one else?

Congratulations !

Quick question. How long were you in the application process for?

Once again, congratulations !

Started in April this year.
Had my CFAT, physical and interview in May/June.

No real news until today.
My recruiting Sgt. updated fairly regularly even when the best info he could give was hurry up and wait.

Congrats!  :D

I'm still waiting but fingers crossed we'll be on the same course! I've been calling the RC pretty much every week, however I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone since last week... Going for Steward  :)

I'll be joining you at CFLRS for BMQ starting January 23, 2012!  I got the RMS call last week and I'm totally stoked.  I first applied in the end of January 2011, so its been almost a year from my initial application date.

At 40 years old, I kind of expect to be the old lady on the course, but I could be wrong.  Looking forward to meeting you!

fauntania said:
At 40 years old, I kind of expect to be the old lady on the course, but I could be wrong.  Looking forward to meeting you!

Don't sell yourself short.  My friend, at 36, got the award for top female recruit for fitness.

I also got the call for RMS this week and will be joining you on January 23rd!!! SO STOKED!!!

Things really do just pop up. I'd been merit listed back in August as a Hull Tech and was not chosen. I'd expected to have to reapply when more trades opened up as after that merit listing was done I was told the Navy was full on all trades. Then yesterday I got my call for Sonar Op which was my second choice trade. So just hold on and they'll get to you. See you guys on Jan 23.

Back