• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ban on Sunday shopping in Nova Scotia lifted

I'm not surprised by the comments here as I've always thought the majority was pro Sunday shopping in NS.  As for the whining, etc. being broadcast by the media it just goes to show that humans don't seem to learn from others' experiences.  The same thing happened in the other provinces when Sunday/holiday shopping was introduced.  It was the end of family values, an asteroid would soon annihilate everyone, blah blah blah.  Nobody is at all interested in discussing this issue in BC or Ontario, etc. where Sunday shopping has been around for years and people still seem to get time off there. 

As for NS being backwards, well; I guess in some ways you could say so but I really haven't seen much of a difference from other places I've lived.  For example, the lower mainland in BC seemed more backwards to me than NS.

All in all, a good decision by the government and long overdue.  I think they realized they were done for and might as well give up the ghost.

Happy Sunday shopping!

brin11 said:
As for NS being backwards, well; I guess in some ways you could say so but I really haven't seen much of a difference from other places I've lived.  For example, the lower mainland in BC seemed more backwards to me than NS.

I have lived in all three maritime provinces and I will say that NS is the most backwards of them all. I used to think PEI was but when I moved to NS it damn near killed me. Now I live in Trenton Ontario which isnt much better but at least I am closer to the Beer Store.

Gramps said:
Now I live in Trenton Ontario which isnt much better but at least I am closer to the Beer Store.

A thumbs up to that one, Gramps!  ;D

Back