• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army can't give their old tanks away

Whats a Tank Sqn, 25 hulls? Why can't we just throw them all in Wainwright, pick the best 25 and use them as OPFOR vehicles, cannibalizing the parts from the unused ones to get some more life out of them? Heck we're doing it with the LSVW/HLVW already, and those trucks don't have replacements.

We are already short of maintainers; who will keep them running?

PuckChaser said:
Whats a Tank Sqn, 25 hulls? Why can't we just throw them all in Wainwright, pick the best 25 and use them as OPFOR vehicles, cannibalizing the parts from the unused ones to get some more life out of them? Heck we're doing it with the LSVW/HLVW already, and those trucks don't have replacements.

Lack of maintainers
Lack of parts
Running legacy crses (which means that the schools have to have hulls/turrets as well IOT teach)
The only thing Wainwright has going for it is infrastructure as we built a beautiful LAV barn, that is not full of LAVs.

We can barely limp across the line at each MR with the current fleet, adding more tanks doesn't help.

Spencer100 said:

From what I can find, they have 5 MBTs but only have 2 types in service. 4 Bns of Al-Hussien (Challenger 1's) and 4 Bns of M60 Phoenix.  The other 3, currently not in use are the Khalid (Chieftain FV4030/2), the M60A1 and the Tariq.  I found an article saying they bought some T-72's from Poland, but can't find them listed anywhere.

PuckChaser said:

I thought that our usual policy was to give the obsolete, old and ugly cr*p to the reserves :)

Oddly enough, contractors expect to get paid for their work.  So where will we take the money to pay contractors from?  Revert all the signallers to non-spec pay?

dapaterson said:
Oddly enough, contractors expect to get paid for their work.  So where will we take the money to pay contractors from?  Revert all the signallers to non-spec pay?
Sure, I'm already non spec.

Back