• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Looks like the Guelph get together went off successfully.  Darcy McGee's has been suggested for the end of the month.

As always, If there's drink involved, I shall be present.

I'm pretty sure we coan convince HoM to show up. He might even convince a few other members from Pet to make the trip. I've got an extra room that's always open

Depending on the timing I'd be up for it. I'm travelling later this month so I may have to hit the next one though. What's the suggested date? Also, isn't there more than one D'arcy's here?

tentatively for the weekend of the 28th-30th, and the Darcy's on Sparks and Elgin

Des couldn't be a worse time for me, I'll be in sunny Alberta doing Pre Deployment training, in all seriousness the only weekend date that would work for anyone going on this next Roto would be sometime during the easter Long weekend.

Piper said:
I'm back in Ottawa on the 21st until the 30th, so I could very well be in. Got my little sister's BMQ grad parade on Sunday though, so I'll be out for that.

That the BMQ running out of Walkley Armouries?

HoM, shitty. We'll miss you. I'll have beers for you  :p

Mine are starting to get there as well. I still think I'm free the weekend of the 28-30th, so Piper, if you want to get together for beers, feel free to PM me, but I don't think we're getting too much of a response for that weekend as far as a army.ca meet

George:

That's the weekend 33 CBG is holding Ex Vigilant Thrust in Pet.  Probably going to tie up a lot of Army.ca types.

Looks like I will be there also.  Perhaps that is an opportunity for a JAPO ( Joint Army.ca Petawawa/Ottawa ) meeting?

Does anyone know what is planned for evenings?

I don't think that there will be many in town, until some time in May.  Looks like many seem to have the next two weekends booked with Exercises.  I don't think Mike is back until the first week of May.

Why don't we start planning something for May.  I will be likely playing 'Observer' in Pet on the 29th, so I am biased.

So how does the 13th of May sound to everyone then at Darcey's on Confederation Square?  That gives everyone a weekend 'off' after the exercies to recover, so to speak. (Read; not to have the wife hit you too hard for going off once more with the lads) lol.

big bad john said:
So how does the 13th of May sound to everyone then at Darcey's on Confederation Square?  That gives everyone a weekend 'off' after the exercies to recover, so to speak. (Read; not to have the wife hit you too hard for going off once more with the lads) lol.

I should be fine with that. Leave on course 2 days after

This salty sailor will be there.......unless the course is working that weekend

George Wallace said:
Looks like I will be there also.  Perhaps that is an opportunity for a JAPO ( Joint Army.ca Petawawa/Ottawa ) meeting?

Does anyone know what is planned for evenings?

It's stand training with training running overnight.  Probably not time for social niceties.

What job will you be doing?

I'm going to be going working in or with the G2.  I still don't have all info just yet, but understand it to be more of a Recce and to liaise/set up our section for VG in Aug.  I imagine I'll know more on the 30th.  ;D

Change is good.  I am not going to be in Pet on this weekend's festivities, but headed down to Kingston for a week instead.  The walking out policy for Pet didn't look too promising at all.  ;D  I'll have to tee up another timing for the Pet Crowd later.

PS.  Franko, give Manny in the Kitshop a kick for me.....I am still trying to get a response out of him.

Since there does not seem to be much interest in meeting this weekend, the wife and I are going to try a weekend get a way.  Maybe we can plan something that everyone is up for on a later date.

Back