• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KerryBlue said:
Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 10, 2013
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed: May 29th, 2014
Medical Completed:June 5,2014
Med Files Submitted: June 13, 2014
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Well after a week of waiting for lab/physio reports all my med paper work was finally handed in today. Guess its more waiting for me while my Med File goes to the RMO.

Hopefully I can be merit listed for end of July and August Selections..

Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): Sept 2013
First Contact: Oct 2013
CFAT: Dec 2013
Interview: Jan 2014
Medical: Jan 2014
Merit Listed: March 2014
Position Offered: -
Sworn in: -
BMOQ: -

Anyone know when selections/BMQ for combat engineers might be? I know there was just the may 26th selection, but it looks like its mostly been infantry offers. I'm really hoping to get to the July BMQ but I guess all I can do is wait!

Woohoo, it has all paid off, and I'm finally in, looking forward to St. Jean!

Recruting Center: Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Application Date: June 28 2013
First Contact: July 19 2013
Aptitude Test completed: July 23 2013
Medical completed: July 23 2013
Medical meets Common Enrolment Medical Standard: February 21 2014
Interview completed: March 20th 2014
Merit Listed: June 6th
Position Offered: June 13th
Basic Training Begins: July 21st

I have been poking around the website looking for some info but can't really find exactly what I am looking for. I realize some of my questions may have been answered on a different post so please try to keep the replies of "answered somewhere else" to a minimum.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I applied to be a combat engineer 2 months ago and got the e-mail to book my CFAT two days later. I wrote my CFAT two weeks ago and did very well on it (85th percentile), the career councillor told me if I don't hear back by September to call them to book my interview and medical but then to my surprise I was called two days later to book my interview and medical. The guy who called me even said it is very rare to be contacted two days after the CFAT.  The medical and interview went well and at the end the councillor told me I am a "great" candidate for combat engineer, they are hiring 100 right now and that "hopefully you could get in to the next group for BMQ".  From my reading on this sight it seems that I may be going through this process a lot faster than other people do but I am not sure really.  So what I want to know is how does the application process actually work from here on in? Did someone see my test scores and get me in for the interview/med quick and will continue to handle my application for the duration of the process? Does the councillor at my local recruitment centre have anything to do with the process or be in contact with people making the final decisions if I get in or not? I get that this is a real waiting game when applying but right now I am just waiting for my reliability screening to finish so do any of you think it will most likely be quick because everything has been? Was it just dumb luck that they happened to contact me two days after my CFAT?

Again, any thoughts here are appreciated. Also I get that this is a pretty selfish post that may not help many people but I'm trying my best to not think about this too much and let just it happen but I can't seem to go more than a few hours before I start thinking about how badly I want to get this job offered to me and go to basic. I sat around for 8 months prior to applying because I wanted to make sure it was really something I wanted to do, in hindsight I wish I had just applied the day I started thinking about it.

Seems like you got very very lucky with that two day wait time between your CFAT and med/interview. From what I have been told, the way the CF recruiting process works now is that everyone is given the chance to write the aptitude test but the trick here is that it is now no longer enough to just qualify for your trades and you must get what the recruiters deem a "competitive score" to be selected to move on to the medical and interview portion of the application process.

So last year I had applied at a number of police departments in Ontario, and, (with one city in particular), the recruiting process started in May 2013 and lasted until January 2014 only to find out at the final stage that I didn't make the final cut. It was disheartening to say the least but in the process I learned a valuable lesson about waiting, preparing, and continuing to live ones life without getting too far ahead of oneself.

As it turns out, I am glad that it didn't come to pass because now I am pursuing the dream I had when I was 17. Having said that, if there's one thing I can say to anyone who is continually checking their VM to see if they 'got the call', it's: "continue to live your life". Don't get too far ahead of yourself and learn to love and live each day, because today is what you have and you aren't guaranteed tomorrow. None of us are.

This is advice I am giving to myself right now, because based on what I am reading in these threads, I can't help but think my application process is moving very rapidly. My online application was submitted on May 2nd, and since then I have had my med (including my 40+ 'we need to know you're not going to have a heart attack'- form)  :D come back... my CFAT/TSD tests are passed... and my CFRC has booked my interview for Friday morning...

Again, with the progression of my application (5 weeks from first application to interview) it's getting harder and harder to not get ahead of myself... I am glad I had that experience last year to teach me patience in the waiting.

I am not allowing myself to get excited until I have a swearing in date. Best of luck to you all.  :salute:

I would say from late April to mid June is beyond expedite speed.

You've been dealt a good hand in this game of poker; play it right.

Don't get cocky (I have, you get jacked up for it promptly) and just take everything in stride.

ace1125 said:
So what I want to know is how does the application process actually work from here on in?
The process from here is pretty straight forward. Remember that key phrase Lt Dan said on Forrest Gump? Y'know "Sit down! Shut up!"... Yeah, do that... As long as every aspect of your application has been completed minus the merit listing, swearing in and stepping foot through the green door of the mega, you can't do much to speed up your already warp speed application.

ace1125 said:
Did someone see my test scores and get me in for the interview/med quick and will continue to handle my application for the duration of the process? 
Irrevelant, has no purpose of being answered but I will anyways. It likely was recommended by your recruiter/ File Manager to process you above other candidates due to aptitude level for the selected trade.

ace1125 said:
Does the councillor at my local recruitment centre have anything to do with the process or be in contact with people making the final decisions if I get in or not?
Your recruiter/ File Manager has every right to add a note/ memo to your file about their encounters with you in person, over the phone or through e-mail.

ace1125 said:
I get that this is a real waiting game when applying but right now I am just waiting for my reliability screening to finish so do any of you think it will most likely be quick because everything has been?
Your screening gets done on a first come first serve basis through various third party companies. On rare occassions the recruiter can call the references and confirm those, as they did for mine. My experience with that was I had given a set of references, however I misunderstood that the references had to be of a work or school related manner and gave them my character references (which come into play when you get your job offer (email and phone).)
I was called (or emailed, cant remember) by my file manager at the time about my references being invalid and I promptly supplied new ones. While in my interview I was asked about my references and was told that my old ones were still on file. Because I am well prepared for formal situations I arrived with my folder full of application related files including my new references. I supplied them and was called soon after with news of my merit.

Just be patient, Make sure you have every document related to the reliability screening on file so if there are any mix ups you can correct them immediately.

ace1125 said:
Was it just dumb luck that they happened to contact me two days after my CFAT?
It was probably a sign that you will be an excellent addition to the team.

Work hard on core strength, it seems to be the main thing everyone joining needs to succeed. Practice quick (basic) mathematics as I'm sure it will come in to play somewhere in basic. And for the love of god, practise safe weapon handling, it'll save us all the hassle of getting jacked up for some A-hole who pointed the muzzle at his C.O. ...

Anyways, pre-basic advice aside, you obviously have potential for the CBT ENG trade and I, as many others, wish you luck. I am going to recommend that the next D.S. to stumble upon this lock (or merge) the thread as it has no real value to the board as a whole.

After alot of thought and deliberation, I changed my second trade to RMS and made the decision that if they offer it to me I will probably take it.  Dental went from taking 10 to taking 5 and now it is down to 1. Time to move on to a different challenge.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: ---
Applied: August 13, 2013
First contact: August 29, 2013
Forms in to CFRC: Sept 04, 2013
CFAT: October 08, 2013
Pre-Sec Interview: October 10, 2013
Interview: December 05, 2013
ACSO Test: January 24, 2014 (Passed)
Medical: January 27, 2014
ASC: April 30, 2014
Aircrew Medical: May 2, 2014
Merit Listed: June 13, 2014
Position offered: ---
Enrollment/swearing in: ---
BMQ: ---

Taping up fingers in the crossed position.

Got an email from not my file manager, but an email along the lines of Appointments.MYCFRC@YadaYada.ca that stated the following...
"Your file is in processing step 2, which means that you will be booked for Medical and Interview as per instructions from Production Officer and according to priority. Once priority of your file is confirmed, you will be notified."

I am starting to realize why they never make their quotas for Stewards, and likely will be waiting for a few months longer for my medical and interview.. Oh well guess it's time to continue the waiting game.

AlphaBravo said:
Got an email from not my file manager, but an email along the lines of Appointments.MYCFRC@YadaYada.ca that stated the following...
"Your file is in processing step 2, which means that you will be booked for Medical and Interview as per instructions from Production Officer and according to priority. Once priority of your file is confirmed, you will be notified."

I am starting to realize why they never make their quotas for Stewards, and likely will be waiting for a few months longer for my medical and interview.. Oh well guess it's time to continue the waiting game.

Sounds like youve been handed the shitty end of the stick.

But its not all bad, use this spare time to increase lung capacity and endourance along side basic resistance exercises

AlphaBravo said:
Its pretty bad, I have been preparing for a decent amount of time, working out nearly every single day, upgrading my schooling so my application looks better, etc. But then again with my recruiting center I have had nothing but issues.

You picked Steward. Not a huge trade, which means not many intakes every year. Also listed on the website WITHOUT "in demand" or "now hiring". That means you're a very low priority. Why would they waste time getting you in for a medical/etc etc etc first, when quite frankly they may not have an opening for you until next year? Priority trades are going to get processed first, despite your hurt feelings.

PuckChaser said:
You picked Steward. Not a huge trade, which means not many intakes every year. Also listed on the website WITHOUT "in demand" or "now hiring". That means you're a very low priority. Why would they waste time getting you in for a medical/etc etc etc first, when quite frankly they may not have an opening for you until next year? Priority trades are going to get processed first, despite your hurt feelings.

No hurt feelings as I knew this was the case in the first place. When I applied it was in-demand and hiring and knew it would change before I even made it to my medical and interview. I had no idea that it was no longer first come first serve... Hell if Cook didn't require a Math 12 I would have that on my application as well, apparently Grade 11 Math is no longer the minimum. 

Also as far as I know, there is positions according to my recruiting center.

Thats a pretty high standard for cooking, but hey, what do I know? Im just an "expendable" infantryman...
One day ill be callin the shots;) (no need to bust my chops or jack me up, im just making a laughable joke...)

steiner0400 said:
Thats a pretty high standard for cooking, but hey, what do I know? Im just an "expendable" infantryman...
One day ill be callin the shots;) (no need to bust my chops or jack me up, im just making a laughable joke...)

Cook a meal for 5,000 people without an adequate grasp of math without under serving/wasting food, and figure out whether its an appropriate math standard....

PuckChaser said:
Cook a meal for 5,000 people without an adequate grasp of math without under serving/wasting food, and figure out whether its an appropriate math standard....

Its basic multiplication thugh, figure it out for one person and youve just gotta multiply that by 5 and add 3 '0's... Lol (ive got a semi unique way of multiplying

Well I have my Grade 12, just not my Grade 12 math. Forces.ca had it listed that the minimum requirement was Math 11, but if it comes down to it I will look for a school that will allow me to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back