• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting centre : Hamilton
Reg/reserves: reg
Officer/ncm: ncm
Trade choice : infantry
Application date : August 2013
First contact: sept 2013
CFAT: sept 13 2013
Interview/medical: oct 31 2013
Merit listed: Jan 27 2014
Position offered: tbd
BMQ: tbd

Been quite the wait but onto the final step! Waiting for that call haha. Congrats to those that have been selected so far.

- UPDATE -

Finally, after a second attempt, I passed the Aircrew Selection!!

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2 & 3 : None
Application Date: August 20, 2013
First Contact: September 9, 2013
Second Contact: November 20, 2013: visit to RC to complete paperwork
Aptitude Test: January 2006
Interview: February 6, 2014
Medical: June 2013
ACS: March 24-26, 2014. Successful.
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Enrollment/Swear in: X
Basic Training Begins: X

Mab163 said:
- UPDATE -

Finally, after a second attempt, I passed the Aircrew Selection!!

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: Officer DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2 & 3 : None
Application Date: August 20, 2013
First Contact: September 9, 2013
Second Contact: November 20, 2013: visit to RC to complete paperwork
Aptitude Test: January 2006
Interview: February 6, 2014
Medical: June 2013
ACS: March 24-26, 2014. Successful.
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Enrollment/Swear in: X
Basic Training Begins: X

Congrats!!!  ;D

MilitaryWife2Bee said:
Recruiting Center: Kingston
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Technician

Application Date: March 24, 2014
First Contact: March 26, 2014
CFAT: April 30th 2014
Test Dates Confirmed:
Tests Completed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Will Keep Updated. This is my Husbands so far. We were not expecting a contact so soon.

MacIssac said:
if you need links to practise CFAT tests let me know
if you can post a few links for the CFAT that would be great and to clarify you have to get 18/50 to pass? does this links info look correct? http://www.lornescots.ca/army/documents/testing-aptitude-test.pdf

kylepenn said:
if you can post a few links for the CFAT that would be great and to clarify you have to get 18/50 to pass? does this links info look correct? http://www.lornescots.ca/army/documents/testing-aptitude-test.pdf

To answer your question I have 4 things:

1) Yes, that is the CFAT. The same information is on Forces.ca as well.

2) There are many threads about the CFAT. If you want to get such information from a specific person, PM them. It will save you hassle about "not reading or searching" and prevent repeat posts.

3) There is no such thing as a "pass" for the CFAT. The CFAT is a test that uses percentiles and you have to be above the percentile required for your occupation and/or role. No one can tell you what a "pass" is, as that can [and has] changed.

4) Do not ask about the passing grade as that will not make you competitive. Scoring as high as possible will make you competitive.

Good luck!

Peter.G said:
Recruiting Centre: Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM (CFAEP)
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Operator
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date (Online): Mar 17th, 2014
First Contact: Apr 1st, 2014
CFAT: TBD
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Note: I had a previous "mini-interview" with recruiter in Feb 2011. He had told me to attend school then come back, as I had only met minimal requirements.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date (Online): Mar 27, 2014
First Contact: March 27, 2014
Second Contact: March 28, 2014
CFAT: April 3, 2014
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton, ON
Trade Choice 1: MP (Military Police)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2011 (Online)
CFAT Completed : June 2012
Interview completed: July 2012
Medical Completed: July 2012
Merit listed: Oct 2012

Medical & TSD-PI Completed: January 2013
New Interview Completed: February 2013
Merit-listed: February 2013
MPAC: Nov. 19-21 2013 (unsuitable)

Updated trade choices as of February 2014

Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Supply Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Interview for RMS Clerk & Supp Tech Completed: March 31, 2014 (waiver pending for RMS Clerk)
Medical Completed: March 31, 2014
Merit-listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Not having been successful with MP was difficult, but life is all about how we handle our failures. 'Selected two additional trades I was interested in, the interviews went very well for both of them and hopefully some good news will come shortly.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal Officer
Online Application: March 12, 2014
First contact: March 14, 2014
JAG Board Interview: --
Position(s) offered: --
Enrollment/swearing in: --
BMOQ: --

In case anyone else is applying for officer in Hamilton, just FYI, I was informed that Pilots are getting priority so the wait may be lengthy.

LegalApp said:
Trade Choice 1: Legal Officer
Online Application: March 12, 2014
First contact: March 14, 2014

In case anyone else is applying for officer in Hamilton, just FYI, I was informed that Pilots are getting priority so the wait may be lengthy.

And I will add on to that "Counsellor", that your wait may very well be much much longer.  Given your occupation choice, you are subject to a totally different process than that of a regular ROTP or DEO Officer applicant who is applying for a non "specialized" occupation, or did they not explain that to you?

Nevertheless, good luck!

Haha, no they sure didn't.  However, I have been advised by someone else that went through the process that I should expect a 1.5-2 year wait.  So I'm fine with that.  I have a job for the time being and could probably use the time to get into shape.

What, if I may ask, is the extra required beyond the JAG interview?

I heard the board only sits once per year, is that accurate?

LegalApp said:
Haha, no they sure didn't.  However, I have been advised by someone else that went through the process that I should expect a 1.5-2 year wait.  So I'm fine with that.  I have a job for the time being and could probably use the time to get into shape.

What, if I may ask, is the extra required beyond the JAG interview?

I heard the board only sits once per year, is that accurate?

Besides the fact that "specialized" occupations are now subject to and required to write both the CFAT and TSD, which sometimes is a, shall we say, stumbling block at times.  When was the last time you did or used Gr 10 Math (Fractions, Algebra, Trig, etc) or Gr 10 English (Grammar).  May sound simple, but you'd be surprised how fast you lose those talents the longer you are out of High School/University.

After that brutal round of testing Counsellor and provided you meet those requirements, you will then be subject to a "discovery" at your local CFRC.  The results of the discovery will be used to provide a "short list" and you only get to the JAG interview, if you happen to make that list.  First impressions are lasting ones.

Definitely not an easy process.  So you make it to the JAG interview, you need to start exercising/working out at a rather rigorous pace, cause now it's all up to the Judge to decide the outcome of your case.  ;)

Cause if you make it past the Judge, you're going straight to General Population (BMOQ) and you had best be in shape when you get there!

Ok so I'm passed stumbling block A.  I had my CFAT and TSD and was advised that I passed.  I did prep after a thorough reading of these forums (thank goodness because the math would have done me in).  I was told my interview will take some time as they're prioritizing pilots.  "Don't quit your job yet..."  Haha.  They were actually exceptionally helpful and warm in the Hamilton office.  I've seen some people complain about the attitude of the recruiters, but I watched them answer every question in a polite and patient manner to each person that came through the door or called. 

I managed to get a hold of my file manager yesterday, I am still in the Reliability Screening portion and once that clears I will be contacted to do my Medical/Interview.

Booked for medical and interview! So much anticipation!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: NCS Eng Officer
Trade Choice 2: Int Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
Online Application: January 15, 2014
First Contact: January 17, 2014
CFAT: February 24, 2014
Medical: Booked - April 28, 2014
Interview: Booked - April 28, 2014
Merit listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

Kevin26 said:
Booked for medical and interview! So much anticipation!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: NCS Eng Officer
Trade Choice 2: Int Officer
Trade Choice 3: -
Online Application: January 15, 2014
First Contact: January 17, 2014
CFAT: February 24, 2014
Medical: Booked - April 28, 2014
Interview: Booked - April 28, 2014
Merit listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

Heck YA Congrats! Maybe I will be contacted soon to do my medical/interview. I had finished my CFAT the day after yours.

J_M_J_D said:
Heck YA Congrats! Maybe I will be contacted soon to do my medical/interview. I had finished my CFAT the day after yours.

I hope for your sake that's the case, although I suspect it's a total crapshoot and will depend on the demand for the job and the recruiting centre.  Do you know if your trade choices are open right now?  Maybe DAA can help with that.  Are they all open now because it's post-April 1?  I've heard the lists on forces.gc.ca are never accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back