• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone here know Winnipeg well enough to give me some information on housing?

Griswald DME

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm curious about housing in the Winnipeg area.   I may purchase an inexpensive house there either to live in for a while then rent out, or simply as a rental investment.   I have a few areas in mind and I'm hoping to speak with someone who either knows the city well as of recent, or lives there and doesn't mind me asking about a few specific streets/areas.   Feel free to message me privately as I'm not sure if others would be particularly interested in hearing all about housing in Winnipeg   ;D

Thanks,
DME

Speaking of Winnipeg, does anyone here live in the pmq's there?  We're considering looking into the q's there and buy in a few months once we've had time to get to know the city.  I'm curious about the condition of the pmq's and the area they are in.  PM me if you wish, or post here if you prefer.

Thanks very much, Shaynelle.

PMQ's in Winnipeg are crap.  There are very few left on the North side, they renovated and sold off quite a few.  The South side (about 10 mins from 17 Wing), has many open q's but if they are anything like mine, they are in poor repair and not worth the money.  CFHA here is slow and not very accommodating to your needs.  But what can you expect from a civvy company which is just trying to make money while spending as little as possible on their property. 

The housing market here is good, reasonable prices, with many nice communities close to the base.  Alot of the homes are older around there, and you can see many 70's inspired neighborhoods in town.  However like anywhere else there is new construction, and lots of nice areas outside the city.  Best to just the mls.ca listings to get a feel for whats out there.

yah just got posted from wpg this summer.  Q's are crap.  If you can go civie market.  Like above post said, the market is good!  Also very nice area to the west of 17 wing.  Low crime and friendly!!

Back