• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Toronto Scottish Regiment PPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im almost recruited (Through Sgt.Hensman)
I had a couple questions for u guys

Does basic take all summer and all day everyday? (this is for reserves btw.)

What will happen to me after i get called again for oath i guess?

The only reason i ask you guys is because you guys are in same regiment as i will hopefully be in.(My forumn profile is misleading so ignore it i am a basicly soon to be a recruit).

Oh does anyone one know Private Jack Zois and where he is?

In the summer, usually you might get Sunday off, and thats might.

Hope that helps ya out.

Cheers,

Wes

Sgt. Hensman, yeah - I got recruited through him too, hilarious guy. Still waiting for acceptance.

Dave Hensman made Sgt?

Now that‘s the best news I‘ve heard today. If they‘ve got him in recruiting then that‘s a rare example or round peg in a round hole.

So how long ideally does it take for acceptance after finishing testing...and wow Pvt Zoic now Corporal thats awsome...Yeah so Fubar how long have u waited and for others how long did it take u guys

I started my application process in December, did CFAT, Phys. and Aptitude tests at the Mississauga Recruiting Center around the 15th of December. Normally I would already be doing my BMQ at Fort York but I had to fill out an extra security assesment form with my applications papers because I spent 5 years out of Canada - and that can take up to 1 year. That blows.
Has anyone been through the same process, I‘d like to know if it really takes that long to verify my info?

Just as a question...what happens if you have summer school during summer basic training....and do recruits get dog tags (my friends been beggin mee to ask) and do reserve infantry recieve pistols.?

From what I have heard reservists are not issued the Browning HP. Not sure about summer training but I believe it is full-time and you live on location so that might interfere with you‘r summer school.

Summer courses will probably be full time, for the 2 months of BMQ/SQ, if you plan to do both.

You may get off a weekend or two for good behaviour, but thats it.

You may be issued dog tags provided you know and stated your blood type (of which I still haven‘t found out :( ) but they aren‘t necessary.

Be happy enough when they issue your cool temporary military I.D. that states in big letters "MAN" on it. ;)

No, no pistols for recruits, although part of the Support Weapons course (after Infantry Training) is dedicated to 9 mm Browning training.

And that folks, is the way the cookie crumbles... :D

Hey fubar you posted a question a while back about TSR or QOR. What are you doing? Dave is a very commited and absolutely perfect as a recruiter. a support weapons course is a machine gun course. Why are the nubies so horned up over pistols? It‘s all about the machine guns didn‘t you know?

Well, I‘m still waiting for my papers to be verified. I applied to TOR SCOT R as an infanteer. Agree, Dave is a great guy, and really good at his job. Cpl Zoiss helped me out alot.

"Why are the nubies so horned up over pistols?"

I don‘t get that either, what fun is it firing a 9 mm semi-auto. pistol when you can go full auto with your tough-looking C9A1.

You learn the learn the pistol on the Support weapons course (it is a support weapon, one of the C6 gunners is supposed to be issued one). But you will rarely sign them out for weekend courses as we don‘t use the blank for them. Summer training is allday everyday in Meaford or Pet (You will probably go to Meaford). So you either go to school or you go Meaford.

By the way if you are not in yet I strongly suggest changing your rank. As you have said elsewhere you have not "earned" it.

Both my dad and Brother were in the Tor Scots Cpl. Siwy or Bam Bam Siwy as he was known (long Story)

Why Carry your kit when your kit can carry you :tank:

Trooper Siwy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back