• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any guitar players out there?

Hockeycaper

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone out there plays. If so what style of music and what types of guitars. How about web sites for tabs and songs etc. I have been playing for about a year and a half.  Songs I'm working on are mostly Blue rodeo and Tragically Hip.... a little country and even some Metalica. Talk about a mixed up guitarist looking for a musical outlet. 

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

That's the site I've been using recently, it's excellent.

I've got a Fender Accoustic and a Les Paul Electric with a Cube amp that's got the effects built into it, great fun.

I'll play anything really, I like the Beatles and Neil Young as of late for the electric, but accoustic wise I like to play Jack Johnson and jam session type of stuff with an accompanying djembe or Bongo drum.

If'n y'all come out to Wainwright (the centre of the training world, seems like  ;) )  gimme a shout.  I've been looking for anyone that plays and drinks beer; if for no other reason than to get the boys together in an otherwise empty basement and make our own tunes.  I play bass; doesn't seem to be too many people out there that do.

If people can dance to it, I'll play it.  8)javascript:void(0);

P.S.  ever notice that this thing,  :bullet: looks more like a dildo?  :D  No offence to the artiste, it just might be my LCD.

Cheers!

I'm a bassist as well.

And I was in Wainwright all summer.  Sitting in 626 jamming by myself.  Oh well.

I play an Ibanez SR 400 and an SRX 505.  I also have a fretless '72 Precision, but I rarely take that out.

I'm running it all through a Yorkville Bassmaster 200w combo.  As for effects, I have a Line 6 Bass Pod and an Ibanez Phat Hed.

But my band decided to get posted to Borden and deployed to Afghanistan....jerks.

www.bassmasta.net and www.guitarmasta.net are decent tabbing sites.  www.guitartabs.cc and www.olga.net are good too.

Hey guys,

I like playing blues. I have a Strat and a 65 Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue.

I play lots of classical and jazz guitar. I've got a nylon string yamaha and an eletric ibanez...both not exactly high quality but they get the job done on the available budget. But I can't say I don't play the odd Neil Young, Pink Floyd or CCR...

A great site used to be www.powertab.net using the power tab editor made things so much easier but apparently the archive isn't working any longer due to copyright stuff or god knows what... In any case wholenote.com could probably help you out if you're looking for something different.

I play on my acoustic seagull.  Her name's Charlene :).  Made in Canada you know.  I play whatever I think sounds good.

Howdy

I play a 12 string yamaha acoustic  the site i like most is www.chordie.com it has all i ever need there. it also makes song books for you and makes things easier.

Walrus
dr_tubby@hotmail.com

I have been playin for about 4 years but off and on alot which is why I'm never as good as I should be, If any one has the same prob that I get some time with struming fast with a pick and your hand gets sweaty and you loose grip on the pick, get some hockey stick tape and put some on the part of the pick you hold, works great for me, and also most of you prob no this but incase theres someone who don't, guitarpro
is a programe you should get for the comp, you down load the tabs of the song u wanna learn to play for it and it shows u all the diff guitar tabs and it will play the song along with you incase your not sure how it goes high lighting the notes as it plays them, very handy tool.

Ive been playing my Fender Acoustic for about a year and a half off and on...

I play whatever i can learn....

Redneck said:
       P.S.  ever notice that this thing,  :bullet: looks more like a dildo?  :D  No offence to the artiste, it just might be my LCD.

Now that you mention it...kinda. I asked the same thing to my peers when I first pulled the buffer out of its hole in the butt (hehehe) of my C7 on IAP.

Anyway, I do dabble a bit in the music on occasion. I play the lower brass (trombone/baritone etc) when I can, but that's sometimes difficult to do because I live in a townhouse and I care to keep on good terms with the neighbours. I played a bit of guitar up until recently when my brother, who owns the guitars that I played...took them to Moose Jaw with him. Sure he may "own" them, but honestly...you can only play one at a time, so why not leave one here? :D I'm a fan of playing the folk-ish stuff...Stan Rogers, Gordon Lightfoot, some of that east coast folk, as well as the Hip etc.

Sounds like we got enough here  to put together a pretty good band with a horn section. Thanks for all the replies. Keep them comming guys. And if anyone is in the Ottawa area and looking to jam let me know.

I've got a Fender Strat Plus (Sunburst Tobacco finish with maple neck, Fender Gold Lace Sensors)

Also an Ovation Model 6868 Elite Standard

Used to play bass also had an Ibanez and a 200 Watt Yorkville.

I love the Ovation and it actually sounds better plugged in that it does on it's own. When it's plugged into an amp that is designed for acoustic electrics anyway.

Ahh....nothing played like my 5 string Ibanez did. Oh how I miss you....  :'(

There was always a shortage of bass players in my area so I filled in and played everything from reggae to metal. Favorite talents include Stu Ham, Flea, John Pattitucci, Jaco Pastorious, Les Claypool, Cliff Burton. Have to say though, the metal shows were the most fun!

I have a Fender Fat Strat HSS (Mexican) and a peavey blues amp (tube not solid state), both of which are in storage back in Canada. I also have a Morris acoustic with me here in Afghanistan which I play when I have time. I am not great with either instrument but I enjoy playing a few Hip, I Mother Earth, Stan Rogers, Beatles tunes every now and then.

Gars de mortier

PPCLI MCpl said:
I'm a bassist as well.

And I was in Wainwright all summer.  Sitting in 626 jamming by myself.  Oh well.

I play an Ibanez SR 400 and an SRX 505.  I also have a fretless '72 Precision, but I rarely take that out.

I'm running it all through a Yorkville Bassmaster 200w combo.  As for effects, I have a Line 6 Bass Pod and an Ibanez Phat Hed.

hehehe.. your my friend... I play a SR 485.. nice piece. I also got the Phat head too... lol... nice ain't it? I want the POD someday...

Hey boys I play the old guitar. I play mostlt metal but I also play blues and JAzz what a mix huh? :) I've been playing guitar for about 7 years now. My axe is a Vantage with a fender body and I have a left handed neck on a right handed guitar I'll post a pic soon take it easy all

Cdn. Royal said:
Sounds like we got enough here  to put together a pretty good band with a horn section. Thanks for all the replies. Keep them comming guys. And if anyone is in the Ottawa area and looking to jam let me know.

Jeez Louise, look at ya!!

I leave you for a decade and now you are getting the rolling stones together!!

What was the name of band that Higgins played in?  Remember the smoker Charles had down in the beach?

dileas

tess

I've played since I was the age where, i couldnt play the Electric standing up (too heavy for me) and i couldnt reach around the Acoustic (too little).  :D

Nowadays, i play anythign and everything under the sun, and then some. I learned from several Studio Guitarists within Nova Scotia, including Bruce Guthros guitarist (when he's available). Nowadays I stick to the Acoustic a lot, but the ol Electric gets brought out on occassion.

I also have a Bass, but thats only when compiling music.

I've mastered the art of learning music by ear, so I dont use tab as much as I once did. OLGA was my favorite though.  ;D

PPCLI MCpl, nice set up. My first guitar was an Ibanez, the EX 170 Series (it's like the MWO of the Guitar world  ;) )  I still think its got the best sound and feel to date..

Back