• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any 1 CER members from early 90's still around

jmacelwain

Inactive
Reaction score
Just looking to see if there is anyone around that would have been in the regiment in early 90's. I served from 90 - 96 and released just before regiment was moved to Edmonton. I am still living in the Chilliwack area but do not run across to many that are still around.

Jim

Hey Jim, Kat Stevens here.  Came back from 4 CER in 92, and stayed with 1 CER til I retired in Nov 02.  How's life in Rainbow Country?  I think Scott Snyder stayed in Chilliwack after he got out in 97.  Harry Poile has a website with a list of email addresses for old Sappers, a pretty comprehensive list at that.

Hi Jim, Mike Wraight here, I just got your email. I will track this thread to see if any of the Lost Boys are still around. I have pretty much been in Petawawa since I left Chilliwack. My family just moved this summer to Barrie, I am posted to the CFNBCS.

Chimo Brother Beaver. :salute:

hey Mike, Kat

Good to hear from you. Life has changed quite a bit in Chilliwack in the past 10 yrs its a hell of alot busier nowadays. Pretty much everything you remenber from the Base is either being moved out or torn down (Canex and Base Hospital last things to go). I occasionaly runn into a few that still remain out here. I remeber seeing Snyder around shorly after I got out but have not seen him since. Fergie is around as well as Tibbets, Wayne Williams and George MacDonald has moved back as well. I usually run into a few at the ASU dance which happens each year at the old 1CER compund.

Again good to hear from u

Jim

Lately have only run across a few folks from the early 90's that would have been in the Cpl and below crowd from back then, but there are faces that are familiar you bump into often.

Mike Riemer,Teddy Tedesco,Jim MacKay and Bubbles are all in the valley.
I also hear Pete Doman and Demo may be getting posted too the new Mil. Heavy Troop/Sqn. in the Wack.

Heh Nick,

Do you know where Junior Perry ended up?  I heard he retired and stayed in the Trail, BC area....don't know for sure.

S6

Sapper6 said:
Heh Nick,

Do you know where Junior Perry ended up?  I heard he retired and stayed in the Trail, BC area....don't know for sure.

S6

thats affirmative S6

Spook is back there as well. Both the English's are still around too. Don't know about Kevin Kennedy though.

Would anyone know if Chris Constable, Merriam (Hollywood), Murray Johnson were still around? I had heard that Consable got out and then got back in. Is Atkison still around as well? 

Jim

cdnaviator said:
thats affirmative S6
That's a fact and confirmed by a guy who has been in our unit but on course for the last year or so  and I met him for the first time doing our dog and pony for the air show and his last name is Perry and his father was a Air Borne Sapper and we talked about Jr. and he stated he's out and living in Trail.

As for Chris Constable  I heard  is out again. (Monstable and Culanex (Mully) )
Murray I heard was still in up untill about a year ago as for Hollywood I don't know.
Teddy took Spook's job when he got out,as for the English's I have not heard a dicky bird,Kevin Kennedy got out when he was RSS W.O. with 6 Fd in N.Van. too run his surplus shop in Vedder yrs ago.
Get a hold of Bubbles at the main gate of the ASU or in the Miller after 16:00 and he would proberly know who's around and about and fill you in.

'Wood is still in. Tp WO in 1 CER I think. Murray is here in Wainwright.

SprCForr said:
'Wood is still in. Tp WO in 1 CER I think. Murray is here in Wainwright.
C4 when you see Murray again say hi for me.
I signed his hub cap for behind his bar and never did not make the party after coming home.

The old Hot Tub in Corolci was because of the courtesy of Murry and him delivering the water with in the Cpl net work. ;)

Nick

Hollywood is in Edmonton now and getting geared up to go play in the sandbox......  :dontpanic:

Wow its great to hear some of the names I knew from the Wack.
Demo is moving back! Awsome, Earl when You see him, say hi from me and pass my respects back to 6

GF

For all those wondering where my dad (junior perry) ended up, hes in salmon arm got a big house and 10 acres. I'm still in chilliwack, in the enrollment process right now.

chimo

Romulus said:
For all those wondering where my dad (junior perry) ended up, hes in salmon arm got a big house and 10 acres. I'm still in chilliwack, in the enrollment process right now.
chimo

Young ROMULUS (aka Jr. Jr. Perry)

Please say hi to your dad for me!  He worked for me in Afghanistan in 2002 and is a heckuva man.  Would have loved to have a hundred Jr Perrys!  Good luck with the Recruiters.  Let us know how the enrolment process is going.  Can I assume you have asked to join the Sappers?

S6

Romulus said:
chimo

Say Hi to your Dad for me - we served together in Afghanistan.

We didn't know each other on any personal level (I was the Chief Clerk), but his name kept coming up in connection with good things - as Sapper6 said, we could have used "a hundred Jr Perrys!"

Good luck on your enrollment - your Dad's a fine example to emulate.

Roy

S6, I'll tell him you said hi as soon as i get your name. Yup im planning on goin combat engineer.

Chimo

Back