• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A bit of help! Want to be a pilot in the Army or at least get the traning

• Thread starter Ace-Soldier
  • Start date
A

Ace-Soldier

I am 15 years old. And  I am planning to go flight school in the summer.
Next year  I am joining Army-Co-Op and in the summer I want to go the army for a the summer program.

Will I be able to? I know it will take at least the whole summer of training but what will i be doing after traninging?

Can anyone post me some help please!

The search function is your friend.

Anyways, as far as I know, it takes about 2 years to become a CF pilot. Not to mention a Univ. degree.

So it won't happen over the summer.

If you're are serious about it, bust you butt in school and apply when you're done school.

And no, I'm not a pilot, this is stuff I learned by reading other threads.

Yeah...it takes a lot more than that to become a pilot pretty much anywhere.  I do understand that you are probably not well versed in how the process works, so I suggest that you get in contact with your closest recruiting centre to aquire the necessary information.  They can probably help you out the most.
Being a pilot takes a long time though, not a summer.  In order to be a pilot you have to be an officer - in order to be an officer you have to have a university level degree.  In your situation, this can be achieved through the ROTP or DEO programs - both of which can be explained to you at the recruiting centres.  If you are set on joining the military, then I recommend that you go ROTP, as you will be able to complete some of your training during the summer bewteen academic years.

As for an Army training co-op plan, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about - once again, go see your nearest recruiting centre for the appropriate information.  Trust me, at 15 years old you have plenty of time to get yourself sorted out.  Right now I'd focus more on getting good marks in high school - I guarantee you will need them to beat the competition out there.

I strongly recommend you have a look at the site listed below if you are truly interested in joining the forces in the future - it is an outline of the steps taken to become a pilot as well as what is involved at each level.  However, I still suggest you pick up the pamphlet at your recruiting centre.

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engraph/airforce/jobs_e.aspx

Ace-Soldier said:
I am 15 years old. And   I am planning to go flight school in the summer.
Next year   I am joining Army-Co-Op and in the summer I want to go the army for a the summer program.

Will I be able to? I know it will take at least the whole summer of training but what will i be doing after traninging?

Can anyone post me some help please!

Not a flame...just some constructive criticism...

The 'international' language of flight is *English*.  Learn it...including punctuation and sentence structure.  (If your first language is French or something else...keep up the work...you're not there quite yet...)  I'm saying this because your request is so vague and bordering on incoherent, I'm just guessing at what info to provide.

Now...if you're interested in flying, and would prefer somebody else to pay for it, try Air Cadets.  With hard work & study you can try for a Flying Scholarship.  Not only does the Scholarship cover your training, it gives you food & lodging, as well as a bit of pocket change for snacks.  (Well...it used to 20 odd years ago...)  You most likely will not get a Scholarship as your first camp...you've got to *earn* it.

Flying Scholarship will award you a Private Pilot Licence.  That's pretty much all you can expect at your age...as long as you meet the necessary requirements.  From memory, it's pretty cool to come back after 6 weeks with wings...

Now, if you wish to become a pilot in the CF, you'll need a university degree.  Forget US Army style training, where the majority of helo pilots are Warrant Officers or other enlisted ranks...up here, you've got to pretend to work...er...become an Officer.

What type of flying would you be interested in?  Tactical...ie, Hornets?  Trash hauling, ie Hercs?  Rotary (helicopters), ie things that shouldn't fly but do because they're so ugly the ground repels them?  Competition is fierce for any of these slots.  For full details, hit the web to view the requirements.  As a previous poster stated, bust your butt in school to get good grades...and never let up.  Score top marks in *any* course you do.

Now...say you want to fly, but don't want to commit to the CF.  You can try one of the tech colleges, such as Seneca, which have aviation programs.  You'll leave in two years with a multi-engine IFR Night Commercial rating, at which point you can try for a job shuttling commuters from Frozen Bay to Chill Town.  After enough experience and hours, you could try for a commercial job with one of the airlines you may have actually heard of.

For the other part of your post...I have no idea as to what you're asking.  Are you asking if you can take more than one course per summer?  What 'program' are you referring to?  

Also...try posting to the Cadet Forum.  You could get info from peers who may be able to assist you with specific questions.

i wouldn't reccomend joining cadets to get the power scholarship, not at 15, anyway. you need to be in at least level 4 to take the power exam. when he joins, he'll get stuck in lvl. 1 and he'll have to challenge the level if he's got any hope at all of getting to the boards. it also depends on the sqn as well, and whether or not they have a solid ground school program, not to mention if they're aggressive with sending the max off to power.

LordOsborne said:
i wouldn't reccomend joining cadets to get the power scholarship, not at 15, anyway. you need to be in at least level 4 to take the power exam. when he joins, he'll get stuck in lvl. 1 and he'll have to challenge the level if he's got any hope at all of getting to the boards. it also depends on the sqn as well, and whether or not they have a solid ground school program, not to mention if they're aggressive with sending the max off to power.

They have an easier-to-get-into program to get your Glider License, don't they?  That would help a lot ...

you need proficiency level 3 for glider's. it's still not easy though. Not only do you need to pass the entrance exam, but depending on the size of the squadron, you may not have many positions available to send to glider / power.
glider is good, but power is arguably more useful (even though all you get is a a VFR rating on a Cessna 152 / 172)

Back