• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3649 Asks: MP Academy, Overtime & Time Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever get in trouble for having a girl in a bathing suit up inside a locked locker?
I have

...Well unlawful confinement is a whole separate issue...  :blotto:

I think that the usage of "meat head" against MPs is a little different than the plethora of derogatory names thrown at the civilian police - as has been pointed out, every branch of the forces has its own nicknames, and at the end of the day everyone is on the same team (right??).

I didn't know that MPs didn't get overtime.  Does that mean that if a large incident occurs at a smaller base/detachment, MP's not on shift can be called out without any kind of standby bonus??  If that's OPSEC, let me know.

RHC_2_MP said:
As far as this discussion has come from overtime pay...don't get me started...as far as I know, the term Meatheat...is actually meet head.  Whereas during WWI and II when MPs were used as security along a front or at the entrance to where ever, they would be on guard in a trench.  As the incoming patrol would approach, they would be challenged and then would advance and, "meet the head", hence meet head.  As for me, you can call me meathead as much as you want, as long as you can take a zipperhead/lawn dart, in return...no worries.

In my 40 some odd years with the CF, I have never heard that one. That is so far a stretch, it sounds like someone concocted a story to justify a legend. Ten beers later, and that's the best they could manage? I can almost say unequivocally, it's bullshit.

Even if it were so, it is not the 'meat head' conotation that everyone associates with the MPs today

Overwatch Downunder said:
This is news to me.

I think someone has been telling you porky-pies mate.

Regards,

OWDU

He is correct that once a MP recruit completes BMQ they are promoted to CPL.  I'm not sure why,  Maybe someone could enlighten us.

Only EDITs to say "don't believe everything you hear."

Three pages of dribble. 

NOT ONE PERSON serving in the CF is paid OVERTIME;  PERIOD.

Discussions on derogatory terminology and nicknames are covered in other threads.

TOPIC LOCKED!

I have some questions regarding the MP Academy.Are MP recruits who are at the Academy stage allowed to leave the base on weekends?  Also, is the Academy a 9-5, M-F type deal or is it just like BMQ?

Can you leave the base after hours on week days?

Schedule?

Thanks.

Perhaps it is time you did a little bit of reading.  You would find your answers, before you even had your questions.

I read your reply, and no, I did not get the answer. 

If anybody has info regarding my question, could you please shed some light?

You seem to obsess about money and time off more than anything else.

Once again, that did not answer my question.  You obviously wasted your time replying to that where as you could have just provided the answer instead of being a smart a**.

And no, I am not obsessed with the money and time off.  It is just not clear.  I would like to know what the schedule for the CFMPA is.  Wouldn't you want to know what you are getting into, or would you not like to have some information before you get into the work?  As a potential recruit, I would like to gather some more information and I came to this forum to do so which is one of the purposes of this forum.

But now I have found the answer to my question...There must be a lot of time off if people like you can sit here and waste your time on an irrelevant reply to a simple, honest question.

Excuse me, but I apologize for being curious and interested in the trade.  I would think the CF wants motivated individuals.

3649 said:
Once again, that did not answer my question.  You obviously wasted your time replying to that where as you could have just provided the answer instead of being a smart a**.

And no, I am not obsessed with the money and time off.  It is just not clear.  I would like to know what the schedule for the CFMPA is.  Wouldn't you want to know what you are getting into, or would you not like to have some information before you get into the work?  As a potential recruit, I would like to gather some more information and I came to this forum to do so which is one of the purposes of this forum.

But now I have found the answer to my question...There must be a lot of time off if people like you can sit here and waste your time on an irrelevant reply to a simple, honest question.

Excuse me, but I apologize for being curious and interested in the trade.  I would think the CF wants motivated individuals.

That would be YOUR fault, wouldn't it.

For the record - I'm retired from the CF and self-employed.  Sometimes I'm here for hours on end, sometimes I'm absent for days on end - it all depends on what's happening at the moment.

No need to apologize for that.  You might want to apologize for your tone and quickness to attempt to belittle those helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back