• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Anyone still surprised people tend to migrate to lands of opportunity, low taxes, and solid values? Yet the Trudeau LPC are trying to destroy Alberta. Vote accordingly, Canada is at a turning point.

It's what should happen, people should chase opportunity.

Anyone still surprised people tend to migrate to lands of opportunity, low taxes, and solid values? Yet the Trudeau LPC are trying to destroy Alberta. Vote accordingly, Canada is at a turning point.
I have to admit I wasn't sure about Danielle Smith being premier at first. I wasn't around for her first foray into politics where she jumped ship from one party to another, and hadn't heard much about her until she was suddenly taking over for Jason Kenney..

I now very openly say - I think she's doing an amazing job. Absolutely amazing.

She isn't afraid to tell the feds to f-off, has taken them to court more than once & won, protected us from the Ttudeau gun grab, has kept the provincial portion of tax on gasoline suspended to help keep gas prices lower, etc etc.

The one thing that's becoming ever more noticeable by the week is the urgent need for more housing.

I have no doubt she's well aware of this growing issue, and will work to do what she can.

Post Trudeau, other provinces MAY want to think about really focusing on building up some oil & gas industry. The country will need to recover financially, and very much needs a morale boost!

All those high paying jobs providing a commodity the world still very much needs, would help the next party get our affairs in order.

(Dinosaurs did die outside of the Alberta provincial border too...didn't they?)

She is amazing and Alberta is doing better under her. It's those that fall for the bullshit media political smears that think otherwise, you know the usual "Trump = Thanos/Hitler/Satan because MSNBC told me" crowd.

The title of this article is inflammatory as is the federal justice minister. One will be elected out and the other de-funded. Can't come soon enough.
How is the title inflammatory? It’s reporting on the federal minister’s reaction.

What makes it inflammatory exactly?

Federal justice minister accuses Alberta Premier Danielle Smith of 'demonizing' trans kids​

Is something factually wrong with it?

"We know that the number one reason why kids take their life is problems around sexuality identity," Holland said.

Did we have an issue with kids taking their life, due to sexuality identity, prior to this gender identity hysteria?

How is the title inflammatory? It’s reporting on the federal minister’s reaction.

What makes it inflammatory exactly?

Federal justice minister accuses Alberta Premier Danielle Smith of 'demonizing' trans kids​

Is something factually wrong with it?

It is factually correct yet can still be misleading and inflammatory. And they both need to go.

Between the Federal Justice Minister and their LPC mouthpiece they've loudly proclaimed Danielle Smith is doing some sort of harm to children.

Normally a position like the AG should be a respected and trusted source, as should one of the premier media outlets in the country. But neither is the case and this headline demonstrates that.

It is factually correct yet can still be misleading and inflammatory. And they both need to go.

Between the Federal Justice Minister and their LPC mouthpiece they've loudly proclaimed Danielle Smith is doing some sort of harm to children.

Normally a position like the AG should be a respected and trusted source, as should one of the premier media outlets in the country. But neither is the case and this headline demonstrates that.
So the headline is misleading us because it is factually reporting what the minister said?

That makes no sense.

The minister saying something you think may be inflammatory is not the same as reporting what he said.

What is inflammatory about the headline? I understand that what the minister said maybe. I fail to see how reporting that is somehow inflammatory.

Did the minister make the accusation?

You're like a dog on a bone when you think you've got something. Let's look at a few different ways to write this headline. Think about how these would make the reader feel and think about the situation. Here goes:

1. Liberal MP makes salacious allegation against Alberta Premier

2. Alberta Premier protecting children and families - Feds not happy

3. Federal justice minister has concerns with Alberta's approach to trans health

4. Countries top lawyer accuses Premier of child abuse

5. LPC lead Feds overstep constitution again and dive into Provincial responsibility

Do you get it yet? Headlines matter and the current players are gaming it.

You're like a dog on a bone when you think you've got something.
I don’t think I have something. I do think you have nothing.
Let's look at a few different ways to write this headline. Think about how these would make the reader feel and think about the situation. Here goes:

1. Liberal MP makes salacious allegation against Alberta Premier
That is a biased headline. CBC describes it as salacious in that case.
2. Alberta Premier protecting children and families - Feds not happy
Again. That implies that the CBC thinks she is protecting children and families.
3. Federal justice minister has concerns with Alberta's approach to trans health
Sure. That one works too.
4. Countries top lawyer accuses Premier of child abuse
Yeah?
5. LPC lead Feds overstep constitution again and dive into Provincial responsibility
Bad English.
Do you get it yet? Headlines matter and the current players are gaming it.
Nope. I was legit trying to decipher what you were trying to push. You are making literally no sense about a headline that is reporting on the response that a minister had to Daniel Smith’s new policy on this subject.

The article is actually incredibly balanced and makes no opinion of it one way or another. It lays out the positions and the reaction.

You hate the CBC. All good and your right. But you aren’t reading that headline correctly or critically at all. I don’t understand why the article has you triggered.

You also didn’t answer my questions.

I'm not sure if I am not communicating my point very well or you are unable to understand it. But in any case, have a good day.

Did we have an issue with kids taking their life, due to sexuality identity, prior to this gender identity hysteria?
I would say so. It was just called something else back then.

Kind of hard to prove something that gets swept under the rug. Gender/sexuality issues have always been a thing. Just that before now, they weren’t willing to speak up because of negative reactions.

I liken it to the “surge” of sexual assault or misconduct allegations in the CAF. People are comfortable with speaking up, rather than bottling it up. The number of cases, I think, hasn’t changed.

I would say so. It was just called something else back then.

Kind of hard to prove something that gets swept under the rug. Gender/sexuality issues have always been a thing. Just that before now, they weren’t willing to speak up because of negative reactions.

I liken it to the “surge” of sexual assault or misconduct allegations in the CAF. People are comfortable with speaking up, rather than bottling it up. The number of cases, I think, hasn’t changed.

The surge can be attributed in part to re-defining. An off colour joke is now considered sexual misconduct for example, and reported incidents of bad jokes will be lumped in with misconduct of a sexual nature - which people uninformed of the nuances will just assume there are more rapes now.

The surge can be attributed in part to re-defining. An off colour joke is now considered sexual misconduct for example, and reported incidents of bad jokes will be lumped in with misconduct of a sexual nature - which people uninformed of the nuances will just assume there are more rapes now.

A 33% response rate on this kind of survey is excellent. Self-reported sexual assault is rampant in the CAF, which is hard to attribute to 'bad jokes' ....

Military sees ‘significant’ spike in sexual assaults despite reform vows: StatCan​

Sexual assault rates within the Canadian Armed Forces saw a “significant increase” in 2022 despite promises of reform within the military following years of intense scrutiny, Statistics Canada says.

70c8fc80

The national statistical agency released on Tuesday the results of a survey that found roughly 1,960 regular force members, roughly 3.5 per cent, reported they were sexually assaulted either inside or outside the workplace involving a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) or another military member.

“This rate of sexual assault — which includes sexual attacks, unwanted sexual touching, and sexual activity where the victim was unable to consent — represents a significant increase from rates reported in 2018 (1.6 per cent) and 2016 (1.7 per cent) when previous iterations of the survey were conducted,” Statistics Canada said.

Then I suppose we will see a corresponding increase in convictions for sexual assault.

Then I suppose we will see a corresponding increase in convictions for sexual assault.
Depends. There’s a well known gap in criminological research between self-reported victimization surveys, and statistics on charges laid and convictions. This has always been very pronounced for sexual offences. Expanding self-reporting tools to capture more victim data does not mean that more prosecutorial viable criminal allegations will enter the justice system. All of the same barriers to reporting sexual assault and seeing it succesfully prosecuted still remain, and that’s by no means just a CAF thing.

Back