• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 Quart Collapsable Canteen

Crisco

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey this seems like an awsome extra addon while on an FTX or something with the CPgear canteen straw. I was just wondering, how can I attach it to me in anyway? Anyone ever use this in the field? Mine came with the U.S labeled olive drab case with 2 pins in the back, it can't really Mod onto the New TV. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

[Edit to remove the "z" from Quartz........so no one would confuse it with a Watch.]

About the only way I have seen it used with the straw is to remove it from the carrying case and put it in a C9 pouch, that seems to work well (unless you are a C9 gunner then you are out of luck). As you have probably figured out the TV is not very adaptable.

Thanks that was my first idea I'll probably do just that. Ill just hide my rain gear in top pouch of Ruck :) I just want all the water handy out in the field.. Can never have enough, too cheap to by a camel for now too haha :)

You could always remove the small canteen pocket on the TV and attach the other C9 pouch.  That is what I did on my TV.

DM

DiverMedic said:
You could always remove the small canteen pocket on the TV and attach the other C9 pouch.  That is what I did on my TV.

Seconded! Works as a decent replacement for a camelback. Snaking the straw is a little odd though, if its on the back of your TV it can get pinched off by a ruck.

True, but as the ruck isn't used much anymore due to the small pack and now the new issued ruck, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

DM

Throw that piece of garbage away and get a proper hydration system (Camelback,Hydrastorm,etc).

MG34 said:
Throw that piece of garbage away and get a proper hydration system (Camelback,Hydrastorm,etc).

I heard bad things about them especially when using a ruck the bladders burst alot. Anyone know if this is true?

I heard bad things about them especially when using a ruck the bladders burst alot. Anyone know if this is true?

Well, you don't wear your ruck over your camelbak, if thats what you're thinking. Strap your camelbak to the outside of your ruck, then when you take your ruck off you throw the camelbak on.

Nothing's going to be as durable as your 1qt canteen or a nalgene bottle, but it's certainly better then using one of those silly drinking straws with your 2qt.

EDIT

Thanks that was my first idea I'll probably do just that. Ill just hide my rain gear in top pouch of Ruck  I just want all the water handy out in the field.. Can never have enough, too cheap to by a camel for now too haha

Wait a minute... you mean to say that your rain gear was in your TV? Lose that shiza, man. It should have been in your ruck to begin with.

Get yourself a camelbak. Throw your first aid stuff in a ziplock bag and put it in your right C9 Pouch. Leave your left C9 pouch empty for ballistic eyewear gloves, sling, and a couple granola bars. Then in one of your front pouches you have a weapons cleaning kit, your iron sight and a BFA. In the other one a couple zap straps, a triangular bandage, and a mag charger. A tactikka headlamp also comes in handy here.

Thats it. No rain gear. No IMP. That stuff goes in your small pack.

Take your bayonet scabbard and put 4 or 5 wraps of guntape around it, then put the scabbard back in the frog, then mount it somewhere out of the way. Most guys put it horizontally on the daisy chains over the left C9 pouch, but you can also get creative and mount it vertically in front of your C9 pouch. Take the buckles off your mag pouches and tuck the flaps inside. Hook a caribiner somewhere for your helmet. And your set.

This setup might not be acceptable for a BMQ or DP1, but it's a good start for real life. Look around your unit and see what the other guys are doing and what you can get away with. What I've outlined above is good to go in my own unit, so take that for what it's worth.

Sorry for taking things off on a tangent...

Back