• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Who wrote the software?
Uh- you realize there are multiple social media management platforms out there, right? You write posts ahead of time, specify when they’re to be posted, and they post on schedule. Not unlike telling Outlook to send a certain email at a certain time. The content has nothing to do with who wrote the software.

Odds are some random worker bee public servant cued up a post approved by some middle level communications manager.

They’re refugees, not immigrants. Related, but not the same. They have a country to go back to, that they’re badly needed in. Once it’s safe enough to do so.

Either word you use the results are the same. And our lack of concern for our immigration policies on losing countries still doesn't exist.

Uh- you realize there are multiple social media management platforms out there, right? You write posts ahead of time, specify when they’re to be posted, and they post on schedule. Not unlike telling Outlook to send a certain email at a certain time. The content has nothing to do with who wrote the software.

Odds are some random worker bee public servant cued up a post approved by some middle level communications manager.

So somebody approved the message?

Well, I've been on this planet a tad longer than you and I've never, ever heard of the Easter being referred to as the "March holiday weekend". Admittedly, that caught me off guard.
It did say March holiday season not weekend. Plenty of spring breaks and march breaks across the country. Easter just happens to be early this year and mixing in with those.

It did say March holiday season not weekend. Plenty of spring breaks and march breaks across the country. Easter just happens to be early this year and mixing in with those.
But it didn't get released on either of the March breaks, but on the Easter weekend. For the next few years, Easter falls in April. Let's see how next year's "season' gets handled.

Sure, but there’s also been an increased recognition that multiple religions often have holy days overlapping either other directly or in the same span of time. The Christians don’t have a lock on this particular weekend, notwithstanding that their traditions are the ones that got recognized by statutory holidays.
Easter is the preeminent celebration this weekend. It's a floating occasion, without a fixed date. I haven't looked into if the other overlapping religious celebrations are similarly floating. Some other time, perhaps. I'd rather dive into the chocolate.

Sure that makes sense.

It's just a little strange to wish people a happy March holiday season on March 30th with one day left in March, when you plan to wish people happy Easter the next day.
except they caught the Email flack yesterday and Friday and told someone to change the planned message ASAP

Since when did we care about our immigration policies effects on the losing countries?

…or the gain in country? 😜

Sure, but there’s also been an increased recognition that multiple religions often have holy days overlapping either other directly or in the same span of time. The Christians don’t have a lock on this particular weekend, notwithstanding that their traditions are the ones that got recognized by statutory holidays.

I look forward to Diwali the October Holiday season in 2025… 😆

So, a bit of a kick in the dick to Ukraine if we give the Ukrainian refugees an easier path to permanent residency. Ukraine will desperately need these people back to rebuild and repopulate.
The nightclub that I work at on the weekends as seen a VERY NOTICABLE CHANGE in the people who we scan in, inparticular young East Indian males (I'd say 50 and younger) and fairly new arrivals of Ukrainian refugees

We offer free admission to the Ukraniaj refugees upon the showing of their passport, Canadian government issued ID, or that little slip they carry in the case they come across law enforcement & there is a language barrier

I've chatted with a few of them now (not in any real meaningful way, just shaking hands & chit chat at the front door) and I get the impression not too many are planning on returning home anytime soon...even if the war stopped tomorrow...

But it was sent out at the end of the month. If it was meant to be an "all of March" message, it would have gone out around March 1 or late February.

Some in Canada are predicting sunny ways and smooth sailing, but our economy is heavily resource focused and we know that the current government is policy-bound and actions-proven to not seek to maximize the productivity of large portions of Canada’s resource base. Theyre sticking with virtuous words and pixie dust to fuel economic recovery.

Down South, it’s still much more uncertain, many predicting the US will go into mild recession somewhere around 24Q3. If they do, I have a hard time seeing Canada avoid it…particularly since there seems to be no intent for the Government to adjust to increase productivity, particularly with increased global uncertainty.

Going back to this conversation a few months ago.

From what I read, it will be contingent on a rate cut which does seem to be coming.

Going back to this conversation a few months ago.

From what I read, it will be contingent on a rate cut which does seem to be coming.
Certainly a lot of conditionality in Deloitte’s forecast.

It feels like Canada may small-a avoid a recession, but there are some interesting qualifications contained within the forecast, some of which seem reversible…’if interest rates settle’…seems like some chicken-and-egg going on in the rates/inflation/GDP space.

Does Canada have enough to triple its GDP in 2025? (1.0>2.9%). That certainly remains to be seen, and I’m keen to see the 16 April budget and see what financial clairvoyants say then.

Despite these positive signs, Canada's economy is likely to remain "stuck in neutral" in 2024, Deloitte said, particularly in the first half of the year, with real GDP growth coming in at around one per cent this year before reaching 2.9 per cent in 2025.

Some of the assumptions underpinning Deloitte's forecasts include robust GDP growth in the U.S., a continued softening of inflationary pressures, cuts from the Bank of Canada and a steady flow of newcomers to the country, supporting demand.

I remain highly skeptical, to be honest. Do we actually believe that Canada is going to ‘power’ ahead of US GDP growth?

Key forecasters in the US forecast very slight GDP growth in 2024-2025…1% in 2024 and only 2% in 2025. At best the US acknowledged previously that it was in recession. Canada pulled a Jim Carey-esque/Lloyd Christmas-esque “La, La, La, La, La…” ignoring the recession we actually by definition (two successive quarters of gdp retraction) were in.

While we no longer forecast a recession in 2024, we do expect consumer spending growth to cool and for overall GDP growth to slow to under 1% over Q2 and Q3 2024. Thereafter, inflation and interest rates should normalize and quarterly annualized GDP growth should converge toward its potential of near 2 percent in 2025.

Back