• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I can't see them making it to 2025. Too many scandals. He can't skate on them all. I can't see either the red or orange liberals actually doing much better than they are. Barring events, dear boy. One can hope. i'm not sure we can survive to the next scheduled election.
Fishbone, years ago I would have absolutely agreed with you. There's no way he will survive this many scandals at once...his days are numbered!

But...I just spent the last decade (for the most part) watching this guy skate a new scandal almost every week - I've probably lost count of the amount of intensely corrupt and stupid s**t this guy has done while in power

We've watched him literally break the law, blatantly & out in the open, in some pretty serious ways...

...and nothing happens.

He will continue to skate while having multiple BIG controversies hanging over his head, because skirting charges is his other full time side hustle...The RCMP higher-ups don't seem too interested in aggressively pursuing anything.

Can we survive until 2025 for an election? It doesn't feel like it, but somehow we've managed to survive this long with him at the helm... (Slowly dying is actually far more accurate, I'd wager)

Sean Fraser is in some trouble in his Pictou County seat. I wonder if Good Old Peter might take another swing?
Fraser (and Mendicino) needs to have a large ball of his own crap lobbed at him. He made a complete mess *of an already horrible portfolio (Immigration) and *only 1/4 of the 40,000 Afghans that Canada promised to bring to *Canada ever were approved, *sadly excluding Mursal Nabizada, an Afghan woman MP who had been promised by Canada to support her emigration, unfortunately the Taliban killed her as IRCC dithered…

Just to see Fraser take one, I’d almost consider moving to Pictou to vote for Peter!

Not just incomers. GenX and new generations never got into these institutions that our Boomer parents grew up in and ran. It’s like the Boomers failed to institute a succession plan for these organizations and expected the newer generations to slide in when they retired.

Well if Boomers weren’t so self-centered and kicking their Gen-X kids into the wilderness every day to fend for ourselves, then divorcing and bouncing the kids back and forth between split parents, etc. Luckily Gen-Xers had/have pretty thick skin (probably from riding bikes or jumping Big Wheels without helmets, etc.) and so whining from those who benefited greatly from the gumption of the Greatest Generation doesn’t really fuss the Xers.

Besides, it’s not like Boomers are disproportionately being awesome voters while other generations don’t give a shit. It literally is a linear line of reduction, especially for the more recent elections (until the Boomers start wearing diapers, that is, and older boomers mimic Xers).

IMG_3655.jpeg

* editorial/spelling edits

Last edited:
I don’t know. Growing up in a small town in the BC Interior, I saw a lot of the Boomer generation, along side the previous generation, involved in those organizations. Some may even have been hippies before they got a job and a family. They were almost all blue collar NDP (my family was ag Socred/PC).

My impression was even in the cities, the Boomers were involved in and ran these organizations, but didn’t make any plans to get the next generation involved beyond what worked for them in the past.

I don’t know. Growing up in a small town in the BC Interior, I saw a lot of the Boomer generation, along side the previous generation, involved in those organizations. Some may even have been hippies before they got a job and a family. They were almost all blue collar NDP (my family was ag Socred/PC).

My impression was even in the cities, the Boomers were involved in and ran these organizations, but didn’t make any plans to get the next generation involved beyond what worked for them in the past.
I get that impression. My grandfather (prairie lifer after immigrating from Scotland at 4) was a Mason and would talk a bit about it from time to time, but nothing from my parents re: the societal organizations. We didn’t know better…I only got the gen from grandpa after I joined the military and he’d open up slightly about D-Day and after.

HOLY F**K... 😲😲

The phone I'm using doesn't link out well, especially to sites I don't have a profile with, but where did this happen?

Question for a few of you...what's your impression of the suggestion that quite a few firearms are being smuggled up into Canada using routes thru native reserves that straddle the border?

Also...

Do the cartels play any significant role in smuggling guns into the country?

(Or is it mostly the entrepreneurial type, smuggling up one or two at a time to sell to local gangbangers?)

I remember watching a piece on the news (maybe a decade ago or so now) about how people would smuggle cartons of cigarettes & the odd gun in a canoe or shitty powerboat through a native reserve that straddled both Canada and the US. There were no police or government authorities anywhere in sight minus the small police service the reserve paid for, no customs, and no hidden surveillance. They would buy the cigs & guns legally in the US, get on the reserve, then just casually float their way to their destination on the Canadian side, and get out...

I know not everywhere is as empty of surveillance tech as it appears, but are native reserves that straddle the border a weak spot being exploited?
The native routes, Ontario & Quebec, have always been used for smuggling. Doesn't matter if it's drugs, guns, tobacco or people.

Well if Boomers weren’t so self-centered and kicking their Gen-X kids into the wilderness every day to fend for ourselves, then divorcing and bouncing the kids back and forth between split parents, etc. Luckily Gen-Xers had/have pretty thick skin (probably from riding bikes or jumping Big Wheels without helmets, etc.) and so whining from those who benefited greatly from the gumption of the Greatest Generation doesn’t really fuss the Xers.

Besides, it’s not like Boomers are disproportionately being awesome voters while other generations don’t give a shit. It literally is a linear line of reduction, especially for the more recent elections (until the Boomers start wearing diapers, that is, and older boomers mimic Xers).

View attachment 83398

So much truth in there…

Narcissism study finds boomers are more 'hypersensitive' than millennials
Is this study worth more than the ones that "found" that conservatives were supposed to be more authoritarian than progressives?

[Add: Some traits. It's risible that the young people who are running around demanding recognition of their pronouns are less narcissistic than people who were raised to be part of an "education, job, marriage" herd.

I suspect that in the previous four elections, many Canadians didn't bother to vote and had a ho hum attitude because things were good (2015), m'eh not sure (2019) and could be better (2021).

What do I mean by this?
Most Canadians could get employment, some sort of acceptable living dwelling and a decent portion had some sort of transportation.

Now, we have 20-35 year olds in record numbers living with their parents
We have record number of tent cities
People are fed up with "harm reduction" and "safe supply" that results in record high ODs and slums in major cities that weren't there before
Record number of people using food banks
Parents fed up with being told what is/is not acceptable
the list goes on

Start denying the "comfortable life" and many non politically minded Canadians become a whole lot more focused on politics.

Churches, Curling (this is Canada we don't bowl), Service Clubs and Voting. The old Canada. The Canada that built the institutions.

The incomers never engaged with those institutions (It is equally fair to say that many of the institutions never engaged with the incomers either). Regardless it suggests to me a lack of a sense of ownership.

For some this is a safe place to park the family and make money.

Edit - For some, like myself, it is still difficult to conjour a sense of belonging despite six decades here.
My family moved here in the 70s. They’re not religious, don’t curl, and are visible minorities, so they preferred to stick around people of their own ethnicity (as much as you can in the GTA…)

They’ve also voted in every municipal, provincial, and federal election since they became citizens in the early 80s. I would argue that they have a pretty strong sense of “Canadian-ness” and ownership.

View attachment 83397

Canadian kids in Yorkville trying to emulate their peers in Paris and the States with sit-ins, occupations and riots.

Are you sure they were Canadian "kids"?

That was 1967. The Vietnam era.

If you are old enough to dodge the draft, or desert, are you still a "kid"?

The mayor from January 1, 1967 – December 31, 1972 was William Dennison:

He generally favoured development and complained about hippies and deserters from the US military flocking to the city, saying that "a few hippies and deserters are Toronto's only problem."

They call it "The Mink Mile" now.

I suspect that in the previous four elections, many Canadians didn't bother to vote and had a ho hum attitude because things were good (2015), m'eh not sure (2019) and could be better (2021).

What do I mean by this?
Most Canadians could get employment, some sort of acceptable living dwelling and a decent portion had some sort of transportation.

Now, we have 20-35 year olds in record numbers living with their parents
We have record number of tent cities
People are fed up with "harm reduction" and "safe supply" that results in record high ODs and slums in major cities that weren't there before
Record number of people using food banks
Parents fed up with being told what is/is not acceptable
the list goes on

Start denying the "comfortable life" and many non politically minded Canadians become a whole lot more focused on politics.
Radical ideology and radical change have a way of bringing out the vote. This government has demonstrated both.

Radical ideology and radical change have a way of bringing out the vote. This government has demonstrated both.
Voter turnout as a proportion of the population has dropped each election since the LPC were first elected to their current stint in government. The same can be seen for the prior government.

It looks to me like Canadians turn out in greatest numbers when we're changing the diaper.

Voter turnout as a proportion of the population has dropped each election since the LPC were first elected to their current stint in government. The same can be seen for the prior government.

It looks to me like Canadians turn out in greatest numbers when we're changing the diaper.

Although, I will give the Boomers credit where credit is due, they have less variance between diaper and stay-the-course votes than the younger generations. Per the charts below (and above)…their 2011 %turnout was close to the other elections, vs the notably lower 2011 turnout for X, Millennial and Z.

Fraser (and Mendicino) needs to have a large ball of his own crap lobbed at him. He made a complete mess *of an already horrible portfolio (Immigration) and *only 1/4 of the 40,000 Afghans that Canada promised to bring to *Canada ever were approved, *sadly excluding Mursal Nabizada, an Afghan woman MP who had been promised by Canada to support her emigration, unfortunately the Taliban killed her as IRCC dithered…

Just to see Fraser take one, I’d almost consider moving to Pictou to vote for Peter!

View attachment 83398

* editorial/spelling edits

I can't see them making it to 2025. Too many scandals. He can't skate on them all. I can't see either the red or orange liberals actually doing much better than they are. Barring events, dear boy. One can hope. i'm not sure we can survive to the next scheduled election.

Can we survive until 2025 for an election? It doesn't feel like it, but somehow we've managed to survive this long with him at the helm... (Slowly dying is actually far more accurate, I'd wager)

Ok, I'm legitimately curious what you guys even mean by "survive until the next election". Like, what is it you think could happen to Canada or Canadians thanks to liberal actions in the next 1.5 years that would lead to it/them "not surviving"?

Societal collapse? Annexation by the US? Civil war?

Ok, I'm legitimately curious what you guys even mean by "survive until the next election". Like, what is it you think could happen to Canada or Canadians thanks to liberal actions in the next 1.5 years that would lead to it/them "not surviving"?

Not to cross threads here, but I’d worry about how the US survives first.

Let me ask you, if I may, what your thoughts/opinion is on the state of current affairs & the direction we seem to be going? (Re the WEF, globalization, governments worldwide introducing censorship legislation, vaccine mandates, big agendas, etc etc)

I am so far down the rabbit hole & have been for months, I probably am missing some things because my brain seems to be ridiculously cynical about where I think we're headed.

(I can recognize I do have a subconscious filter when it comes to this stuff, and that filter probably filters out some relevant info...)

(I know it's a pretty wide net and the topic is as generalized or specific as one wants, but this is absolutely one forum thought/opinion I really want to be wrong about, re the future not looking as bright as it once was)

PS I still think Klaus is our enemy & a tyrannical globalist dick. I would say a wolf in sheep's clothing, but the guy even dresses like Emperor Palpatine for crying out loud...

Well, if you are "so far down the rabbit hole", then you are probably much more informed about this than I am, so all I can really offer is my "feelings" on the matter. I'll start with globalization in general.

First we had clans, then we had cities, then we had city-states, then we had kingdoms, then we had republics. The scale of government grows and grows, but the scope of each level gets smaller and smaller. It's a very good habit to debate and challenge what level of power/responsibility each level has, but I don't think there really anyone who thinks we should get rid of national/federal level governments and go back to a bunch of independent states/provinces. So why is the idea of one higher level seen as anathema to some? I don't think a higher level of government, such as the European Union should be objected to on principle, but rather it should be objected to based on overreach. In Canada, powers have been distributed between the feds and the provinces based on what makes sense for each level; a higher level of government, say a pan-North American Union, would have only such powers that actually makes sense for such a level to have, and I have no problem with that. Call me imperialistic, but there are a lot of laws/practices that I find barbaric in the world that I would love to see outlawed by having those countries forced to adopt more modern laws by joining a more formal and higher-than-nation-level government. If one day the human race is a star-faring species, do you really think that Earth and other colonies won't have a single planet-spanning government?

Regarding the WEF specifically. It's funny how people try to layer simpler conspiracy theories over more complex conspiracy facts just because those facts are too boring and hard to understand.

There is absolutely a conspiracy of billionaires and old money influencing the worlds cabinets through international organisations and lobby groups like the WEF et al. It's just that it's not some top down movie-script-friendly scenario, but rather just a class effect of these people having similar interests, going to a few prestigeous schools together, and sharing board positions on blue chips. Even they don't think they're in some shadowy conspiracy organisation - it's just self interested rich people teaming up to sculp the world in an image that gives them an extra couple percent off their income tax.

I do not believe that Karl Schwab is some evil cat stroking blind-in-one-eye leader overlooking Kamala Harris and Chrystia Freeland. The members of WEF have a genuine and benevolent belief that the world can be better if we work together on specific goals and enact specific programs; it's not because they want to control the world.

Further, the WEF is not a top-down organization controlled by Karl Schwab (or anyone for that matter). I see no conflict of interest in having cabinet members be a part of it. They simply get together to share ideas that the mutually think are good ideas on how to make the world a better place; no one has any actual power over anyone else within WEF. If members of cabinets who are also members of WEF decide to promote ideas that they heard at WEF, that's fine, because they are simply pushing an idea that they believe in. The only difference between those ideas, and say the ideas of a non-WEF attending MP, is simply that they heard about the idea at a WEF TED Talk, not because Karl Schwab and the WEF strategic console ordered them to adopt it.

financial collapse similar to what happened with New Zealand a few decades ago. It will require a lot of sacrifice for the next government to dig their way out of the chasm that the libs have created. How Canadians respond to the belt tightening while still gearing up for war will reveal whether we are a nation or just a collection of takers and whiners.

financial collapse similar to what happened with New Zealand a few decades ago. It will require a lot of sacrifice for the next government to dig their way out of the chasm that the libs have created. How Canadians respond to the belt tightening while still gearing up for war will reveal whether we are a nation or just a collection of takers and whiners.
Healthcare well on its way already…housing degrading rapidly…but let’s spend another half trillion to pretend things are ‘fine’…

Healthcare well on its way already…housing degrading rapidly…but let’s spend another half trillion to pretend things are ‘fine’…
First thing is to stop sending any money out of Canada. We need to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others. No money until we are solvent. I don't care how long it takes.

I know it's impossible, but I'd like to see a full forensic audit of every single project, consultation or grant, especially to dictatorial countries.

The government set up the Trudeau Foundation, from my understanding, so take it back, seize the accounts and shut it down. It's just a clintonesque style slush fund anyway.

Any money donated to WEF or Soros backed initiatives should come out of liberal pensions.

Of course, none of this will happen, but I can still dream.🤤

Back