• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

So, what has the CAF gotten under the current govt?

• delayed fighters etc
  • Pot is legal!
  • beards!
  • new dress regs
  • BOOTFORGEN!!!!!

Not really…stellar. So what files have moved are the “little value to combat/operational capability” ones…

It’s a sad state of affairs we’re in. But it’s not like all previous governments were hitting home runs on this subj before the current one either…

Defence doesn’t matter much to Canadians for some decades now, and that is something politicians are fully aware of that.
C20 Medium calibre sniper system, C21 multi calibre sniper system, C19 Rifle for the rangers, sole source additional LAVS and ACSV, replacement pistol finally selected, new medium shelter system, landing craft for use with the new AORs.

Just because they don't dot page 1 of the Toronto Star, doesn't mean nothing is happening

Curious, what numbers of those are with F Ech units now I wonder?

And, in numbers to be tactically relevant and supported thru the life of the system?

C20 Medium calibre sniper system, C21 multi calibre sniper system, C19 Rifle for the rangers, sole source additional LAVS and ACSV, replacement pistol finally selected, new medium shelter system, landing craft for use with the new AORs.

Just because they don't dot page 1 of the Toronto Star, doesn't mean nothing is happening
have they ordered replacements for the materiel that has been shipped east. and speaking of that I noticed the big photo spread covering shipping the first tank, did they expedite the remaining three or are they being loaded onto some freighter for delivery sometime in June

have they ordered replacements for the materiel that has been shipped east. and speaking of that I noticed the big photo spread covering shipping the first tank, did they expedite the remaining three or are they being loaded onto some freighter for delivery sometime in June
There are definitely plans in the works to deal with the issue of replacement of what was sent, nothing public yet though, though the minister has hinted after the 24th we may hear something.

Curious, what numbers of those are with F Ech units now I wonder?

And, in numbers to be tactically relevant and supported thru the life of the system?
C21

C20 roughly the same for Sniper dets and SoF only so we do not need alot.

Shelter system - over 1400 systems

the 4 tanks are delivered according to MND twitter

It's just precious how people can find time to trouble themselves to write news articles about 4 tanks, when the main event is a war which consumes vehicles by several orders of magnitude more. Canada is such a small, small country.

It's just precious how people can find time to trouble themselves to write news articles about 4 tanks, when the main event is a war which consumes vehicles by several orders of magnitude more. Canada is such a small, small country.
Well, writers from a country will write about what their country is contributing. Even if most Canadians may not care about the war’s day-to-day happenings, they obviously do care whether we send stuff there.

The MSM isn’t generally in the business of writing things that they don’t think people will read.

C21

C20 roughly the same for Sniper dets and SoF only so we do not need alot.

Shelter system - over 1400 systems

How many of these are in service now? Any?

Maybe I’m cynical, but these are routine and while necessary, it comes across as similar to me announcing a purchase of new underwear if my wife asks me about our mutual fund growth over the last quarter. Necessary but…not something expected to impress people.

I had to chuckle at the part in the pic. The obsession with anything HQ lives on!! 🙂

462FC630-B63F-4E6E-9A55-0A203D30B1E9.jpeg

Leslie, McKay, Collenette on procurement. Leslie very critical of his previous employer.

Thanks for posting that. I have to say that after the beasting that Leslie gave "the current government" I was starting to feel sorry for them. I also developed a new appreciation for David Collenette. It was a pleasure to listen to three "adults".

Please let there be somebody listening.

Leslie, McKay, Collenette on procurement. Leslie very critical of his previous employer.

Leslie, the guy who once told us the pistol replacement was immenent with a machine pistol, circa 2009. :rolleyes:

Asterix, AOPS delivery, JSS continuation, ESSM2, Nanisivik (finally)

The big procurement machine once it gets rolling, generally keeps rolling.

^^
Think of where the Navy/CCG/DFO fleets could have been if we kept St John Shipbuilding and used it as a base to implement and expand the NSP. I'd like to know who dropped the ball on this, the RCN, DND, TB, PMO? All of Canada?

^^
Think of where the Navy/CCG/DFO fleets could have been if we kept St John Shipbuilding and used it as a base to implement and expand the NSP. I'd like to know who dropped the ball on this, the RCN, DND, TB, PMO? All of Canada?
the yard is still there and could be repurposed but I seem to recall a deal whereby the feds bailed them out but the yard was to close immediately on completion of the work underway. Very hazy memory, a lot of beer, a lot of whiskey and a lot of time has passed since then

Back