• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You Want To Be A Pilot : 2018 - present

I like to avoid specifics to retain anonymity, but I doubt that matters too much by this point so I'll provide some.
I just got word that RMC is working on an early offer for an AEC spot for me. I was told my application looks very good for piloting, but there are just so many applicants and very few spots for piloting. They said I should expect that offer over the next few weeks.
Apparently, this level of competition should be expected for the next ~3 years primarily due to delays in the training system.
I'm not sure if this helps anyone gauge the state of selections and offers, hopefully it does.
I don't intend for this news to discourage anyone, just trying to give everyone relevant information. I personally am not discouraged and I'll spend the year improving the academic and leadership aspects of my application.
Don't take any of this as complete fact as I gathered this all through a quick phone conversation.
Thanks for the info. I was told the same by my recruiter - competition is very tight this time. I’m still at least somewhat hopeful, according to the guy at CFASC, I had a very good score and he would be surprised if I didn’t receive a slot (assuming I make it in time). I’d be happy to share it for comparisons sale if you PM me - not sure if I can here.

My CFAT was also decent but nothing crazy - not sure how important it is be CFAST.

Elias

I like to avoid specifics to retain anonymity, but I doubt that matters too much by this point so I'll provide some.
I just got word that RMC is working on an early offer for an AEC spot for me. I was told my application looks very good for piloting, but there are just so many applicants and very few spots for piloting. They said I should expect that offer over the next few weeks.
Apparently, this level of competition should be expected for the next ~3 years primarily due to delays in the training system.
I'm not sure if this helps anyone gauge the state of selections and offers, hopefully it does.
I don't intend for this news to discourage anyone, just trying to give everyone relevant information. I personally am not discouraged and I'll spend the year improving the academic and leadership aspects of my application.
Don't take any of this as complete fact as I gathered this all through a quick phone conversation.
Thats super good news!!! How long have you been on the competition list?

according to the guy at CFASC, I had a very good score and he would be surprised if I didn’t receive a slot (assuming I make it in time). I’d be happy to share it for comparisons sale if you PM me - not sure if I can here.

My CFAT was also decent but nothing crazy - not sure how important it is be CFAST.
Feel free to PM, I appreciate any information I can get.
From what I've heard(mostly from the pilot project podcast), it's roughly 50% your CFAST score, then the other 50% is split between CFAT and interview. So congrats on the good CFAST score, that's a big part out of the way.

Thats super good news!!! How long have you been on the competition list?
Honestly no idea, no one ever told me when/if I was on the list.
I'm very happy with this news even though it's not exactly what I was going for. It's nice to know that I'm up to RMC standards. I don't mind waiting until next year either, gives me some time to improve my file and suitability.

Feel free to PM, I appreciate any information I can get.
From what I've heard(mostly from the pilot project podcast), it's roughly 50% your CFAST score, then the other 50% is split between CFAT and interview. So congrats on the good CFAST score, that's a big part out of the way.

Honestly no idea, no one ever told me when/if I was on the list.
I'm very happy with this news even though it's not exactly what I was going for. It's nice to know that I'm up to RMC standards. I don't mind waiting until next year either, gives me some time to improve my file and suitability.
Thats good to hear, hopefully I’ll have a shot then if I can make it on time!

Thanks

Hey all, figured I would share some info for those applying for pilot still.

I was just told by my recruiter that there are only 5/10 PLT ROTP spots left for this year, with selections happening on Apr 7.

Good luck!

Back