• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do I need for rmc?

Army_Recruit

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a grade 10 student who would like to become an aeronautical engineer at rmc. I have recently been promoted to warrant, at my cadet corps. I also have an 88% average. And I'm a national level swimmer, who will have olympic trials soon. I was wondering what else would be good for me to get into RMC for engineering.

Congratulations on your promotion! The B.Eng admissions average is fairly high, at 89%. Although your swimming and cadet experience may make up the difference, pushing up to that 90 would almost certainly safeguard your admissions.

Good luck!

Congratulations on your promotion! The B.Eng admissions average is fairly high, at 89%. Although your swimming and cadet experience may make up the difference, pushing up to that 90 would almost certainly safeguard your admissions.

Good luck!
Do you know if that average is for core classes, or for all the classes?

Do you know if that average is for core classes, or for all the classes?
For RMC, they only really look at your English and Maths. Please keep in mind they care equally for your score on the CFAT and on your interview. By curiosity, do you intend on being air crew?

I completed the practice CFAT, and I did get a 95%, would that be good enough to become a pilot?

I completed the practice CFAT, and I did get a 95%, would that be good enough to become a pilot?
The practice CFAT is significantly easier than the actual one. You have time to prepare, and based off that information should do well enough, but I would study none the less.

For pilot, the aircrew selection is probably more important than the CFAT

Hi there!

The most important factor to success for pilot would be the aircrew selection along with the subsequent medical, there isn't really a score you need to get on the CFAT that guarantees admission to Aircrew but it's a fairly high bar. Aircrew will be the deciding factor though, and there's a lot of different advice people give as to what to do and how to prepare. The main reccomendation I would have is trusting yourself in regards to your math skills and not letting losses get you down, there's very little of the test you can study for apart from the math. I managed to get through with nothing but a 10 minute review of VDT calculations, while others on my section who had prepared for months failed. The reality is its an aptitude test and there's no way to know if you'll pass until after you've done it

Best of Luck!

Back