• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

wanting to rejoin

I want to rejoin but got dishonerable discharge

• dishonerable discharge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • got discharged

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

westbrom77

Inactive
Reaction score
okay so guys i really screwed up back in 2005, i got caught with drugs by brandon city police, after this i told my unit 1rcha and which led to an investigation which the Mp's yold me if you tell who u did the drugs with u can  stay in, being me i said nothing and got kicked out i was 20 at the time, i joined the reg force when i was 17, so im 27 now and wantr to rejoin. o relaise what i did was wrong and before i got caught i was top 3rd in all my courses, is there any way to get back in its been 7 years and i want to be back in, if i get a lawyer and agree to take a pass test all the time can i stay in ? thanks for any input

Keep in mind that you are posting in a section that is intended for newbs, not seasoned members or recruiting staff. I am almost 100% sure that if you posted this where the more senior members of this site can see it, they would say (almost exactly) - "You will never know the answer to this until you go speak to a recruiter." No one on this website can tell you, "Golly gee, that wasn't that bad! They'll take you back with a hug!"

From my point of view, being dishonourably discharged after being given the opportunity to cooperate with police and maintain your employment is perhaps the worst thing that could be on your record without being in jail, so I would say your chances are slim to none. But once again, that is just my two cents and you should really speak to a recruiting officer.

Cheers

There are several posts regarding dishonourable discharges (I believe the Canadian term for it is dismissed for misconduct/with disgrace for misconduct).
source- http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Articles_for_Release

I would advise looking around the forums and ofcourse as mld stated, call a recruiter. From what I can recall (something you would want to confirm with a recruiter) if you are released under this item, that prevents you from further government employment.

You get a 2 character code upon your discharge which tells the application-managers of the CF if you are worth taking back. If you got dishonourably discharged then I doubt you can get re-admitted. However, if you want the best chances, then show them something like you were off drugs for this much time, or a certificate from a drug rehab etc... Maybe that will give you a chance, if that doesn't work then pray to god.

Back