• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

No, no, no .. everyone has berets, even the Yanks; they' so déclassé - we need something more traditional .. like brightly coloured field service caps:
season 10 episode 20 GIF

I think I am one of the few that thinks Stetsons would look sharp in service dress…

View attachment 76862

Minus riding breeches and Strathcona boots.

:)
We were actually the first military to officially issue them as part of the uniform, during the Second Boer War (the Northwest Mounted Police started in 1904 and US Army in 1911, even if they were worn unofficially before then).

Why? It already says Canada.
Not on RCR and PPCLI uniforms. They've switched back to cloth regimental shoulder titles, with some murmuring it will become Army-wide. I think we should go an extra step and add the Canada title on the epaulets, like it was historically.
2881217b4f8ba47848663ff6fd5c88af--patch-army.jpg

It sure does. But if there was someone with the same rank, trade, and deployments, our uniforms (minus nametag of course) would look the same.

So that specific group of people are uniformed the same, and slightly different from others in uniform ? ;)
My original reply was a bit tongue-in-cheek towards the folks who hate HAIRFORGEN but don't bat an eye on Regimental/unit uniform modifications.

But anyways, back to topic, I have seen the new US Army uniforms in person. They're really sharp.

Yeah they look really good. So do the Brits and the Aussies, and the Kiwis. Frankly the “let’s not dress like the Brits” move was a bad bad decision.
Not on RCR and PPCLI uniforms. They've switched back to cloth regimental shoulder titles, with some murmuring it will become Army-wide. I think we should go an extra step and add the Canada title on the epaulets, like it was historically.
Remind me again what C stands for…

Because I love to derail threads. When the DEU’s were introduced why did the Navy not go to 8 buttons for Officers?

Too RN?
Too Expensive?
Too much Class distinction?

I’ll pick, “Because we are cheap cheap cheap” for million dollars Alex!

Because I love to derail threads. When the DEU’s were introduced why did the Navy not go to 8 buttons for Officers?

Too RN?
Too Expensive?
Too much Class distinction?

I’ll pick, “Because we are cheap cheap cheap” for million dollars Alex!
Because the USN has 6-button jackets.

I could be wrong, but that seems like the most obvious answer.

Edit: Also, probably having the same jacket for all RCN ranks when DEUs were re-introduced makes sense. It's apparently hard enough stocking enough sizes of 2 types of jacket (male/female), imagine 4 types.

And I'm sure they will hold out as long as they can because Army.
"It's unprofessional" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
As sharp as that looks, I prefer the cloth CANADA shoulders flash and metal unit titles on the epaulettes, as per traditional service dress. The above was found on battle dress.

Now, if we were to reintroduce garrison dress…

ducks for cover

Edit: Also, probably having the same jacket for all RCN ranks when DEUs were re-introduced makes sense. It's apparently hard enough stocking enough sizes of 2 types of jacket (male/female), imagine 4 types.
I doubt that its hard, its just that we suck.

I cannot imagine the silly regulations the Army leadership would come up with. The Battle of The Fleece Toque still cause consternation in some places I bet
Once you’re in the field, you should be allowed to choose between boonie hat, ball cap or toque (fleece or otherwise, if it’s green, who cares?), and wear OTW shirts and comfy boots. But apparently if we do that, the army will become an undisciplined mob and anarchy will reign… :rolleyes:

As sharp as that looks, I prefer the cloth CANADA shoulders flash and metal unit titles on the epaulettes, as per traditional service dress. The above was found on battle dress.

Now, if we were to reintroduce garrison dress…

ducks for cover
Cadpat will be Garrison dress, and the new olive drab "Canadian Single tone pattern " uniform will be our working dress

Back