• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time length between call, swearing in and BMQ

Fruss

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know what is the average time length between when you get the call from the CFRC (to tell you you're in), the swearing in and the beginning of BMQ?? Is it like 2 weeks, a month??

Cheers

Frank

It all depends on when the board results are sent to CFRG and when the next available BRT course starts.  From what I have been seeing, the offers coming out now are for courses starting in January.  In general, they try to give you at least two weeks notice

After talking to various people about their CF recruiting experience I have heard some people getting the acceptance call in as short as six or seven months.  While others may take as long as two to three years to get their chance to go to BMQ.

Well, as you can see, and will see when more replies are posted, everyone has their own experience, long and short turn-arounds.

Basic Military Qualification courses are continuous throughout the year, pretty well a new one starting every week :warstory:.   However, depending on your trade (keep in mind Offr Tng is completely different),for example my wife is joining as a Med Tech, her MOC course only runs during certain times and the new system is trying to eliminate the wait times between courses.   This means planning so that when she finishes BMQ there is only a week or two prior to her SQ and then right into MOC training - total time of over 32 weeks.   Granted SQ courses run quite frequent while her MOC does not.   Again this is the theory on paper and has not really been followed.   There are a lot of examples where ppl are called up and told they were leaving within two weeks (This includes leaving early Dec).

You have everything done on your end.   After I was told I was "in", early Nov, I was sworn in mid Jan and my BOTC started late Jan.   My wife just received her call yesterday saying everything is set but no start time as yet either.   So everyone is different and it depends on how your Recruiting Centre is setup.   Good Luck.

Cheers.

Back