• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Decline of the Liberal Party- Swerved Into a Confederation Topic

The part I wonder is if the PPC will split the vote again or if the PPC voters have decided that they would rather a Conservative government over a Liberal government. In several ridings their existence was the difference between a Conservative MP and a Liberal one.

The part I wonder is if the PPC will split the vote again or if the PPC voters have decided that they would rather a Conservative government over a Liberal government. In several ridings their existence was the difference between a Conservative MP and a Liberal one.
My take is that PP was courting that vote during his leadership run. But he’s become quiet on that front now that he’s leader. Time will tell but bet that Maxime Bernier will be around to remind his supporters of that fact.

Playing the what if card, if we assume all the PPC votes would have gone to the Cons, how much impact would that actually have had ?

Playing the what if card, if we assume all the PPC votes would have gone to the Cons, how much impact would that actually have had ?
Approximately 13 seats I think? I crunched the numbers on exactly this a while ago… Can’t remember if 13 was my ‘every vote’ or my ‘2/3’ estimate. But even if all PPC votes went CPC, it would not have altered the Parliamentary balance of power.

In some ridings it may have played a part. 21 riding total last election. But that is using the assumption those PPC voters would vote CPC. That may not actually be the case though.

Approximately 13 seats I think? I crunched the numbers on exactly this a while ago… Can’t remember if 13 was my ‘every vote’ or my ‘2/3’ estimate. But even if all PPC votes went CPC, it would not have altered the Parliamentary balance of power.

Ya I didn't think so. I know a lot has been said about that vote split, but I thought it was actually pretty hollow.

In some ridings it may have played a part. 21 riding total last election. But that is using the assumption those PPC voters would vote CPC. That may not actually be the case though.

Absolutely, just playing the game. As people tend to think all PPC votes came from the Cons.

I wouldn’t say all votes would go conservative just the majority of the PPC votes.

I know in my riding it would have been the difference between a Conservative MP over a Liberal one.

I have friends that went from NPD to PPC, and one that went Liberal to PPC. So I don't think its as cut and dry.

Chinese influence in Canadian elections

A February 2020 Privy Council Office national security memo documented China's alleged "subtle but effective foreign interference networks" that targeted the 2019 federal contest, said MP Michael Cooper.

By "subtle but effective" I take that to mean they achieved outcomes they were seeking. Should we start an office pool on which party the MPs belonged to who "knowingly cooperated with the clandestine interference schemes"... ?

Curious how fast an election will be called to attempt to minimize the impact of these details should they escape.

Curious how fast an election will be called to attempt to minimize the impact of these details should they escape.
This is nothing burger to the Canadian electorate. Not one vote would change even if the names are released.

Majority of Canadians believe Covid came from a bat that flew through a pangolin into a dog or an zebra or elephant....so China is where we get cheap stuff.....so no worries. American bad....

I have never seen a national security issue ever matter much in election. Good looking hair, or he has a mean eyes, or I don't like his smile etc. those are things that matter. Plus what am I getting or what is the government give way so I can feel better about myself? Those are the issues.

This is nothing burger to the Canadian electorate. Not one vote would change even if the names are released.

Majority of Canadians believe Covid came from a bat that flew through a pangolin into a dog or an zebra or elephant....so China is where we get cheap stuff.....so no worries. American bad....

I have never seen a national security issue ever matter much in election. Good looking hair, or he has a mean eyes, or I don't like his smile etc. those are things that matter. Plus what am I getting or what is the government give way so I can feel better about myself? Those are the issues.
The CPC had a whole campaign message about hair. I hope they don’t go back to that again,

Too true.

I have friends that went from NPD to PPC, and one that went Liberal to PPC. So I don't think its as cut and dry.

I am aware of more than one Right Wing NDPer. Very strong Union members and equally strong Nationalists - from exactly the same motives.

Another own goal... blatant, preventable, inevitable:

Rex Murphy: Plumbing the depths of a Liberal cabinet minister's 'high standards'​

Did Trade Minister Mary Ng forget she was a personal friend of the media adviser given contracts by her ministry?

How then, Minister Ng, did this slip-of-the-mind happen? Was there a momentary, unfortunate mental “burp” when you forgot Amanda Alvaro was your friend, forgot she was also a Pomp and Circumstance co-founder and consultant, and a regular presence on tedious CBC panels where she was most dutiful in exhuming the Liberal talking points of the day? Is that how her firm came to be awarded a contract just under $17,000 by your ministry in the spring of 2020?

Rex Murphy: Plumbing the depths of a Liberal cabinet minister's 'high standards'​

Did Trade Minister Mary Ng forget she was a personal friend of the media adviser given contracts by her ministry?

How then, Minister Ng, did this slip-of-the-mind happen? Was there a momentary, unfortunate mental “burp” when you forgot Amanda Alvaro was your friend, forgot she was also a Pomp and Circumstance co-founder and consultant, and a regular presence on tedious CBC panels where she was most dutiful in exhuming the Liberal talking points of the day? Is that how her firm came to be awarded a contract just under $17,000 by your ministry in the spring of 2020?

It doesn't matter. As we continually here from their supporters on this website, this current government is the only option.

It doesn't matter. As we continually here from their supporters on this website, this current government is the only option.
Ha ha…only 5-figures of graft. Amateur! Ng must be on OJT. She’ll have to up her game to be a senior cabinet member.

The opposition are just "too extreme" 🤣

Meanwhile, we're doing REAL GOOOOD 🤣. Look at that corruption index trendline, solid downward trend!

Screenshot_20221218-090809_Chrome.jpg

Canadians like to think we are like the Germans and Scandinavians, the reality is we are trending closer to the Greeks, Italians and Iberians:

main-qimg-6537a821c16458a7a608ec651e4aa6c2-pjlq

Matt Gurney and Jenn Gerson are must listen to on the government of the day.

This is a great line regarding Eng and Alvaro and the politicos in general.

What we are actually more annoyed by is what those contracts were for. Media training. Why in the hell does anybody in this government need more media training? Honestly, at this point the surfeit of media training has reduced the cabinet to a line of wooden nutcrackers. We wouldn't be terribly shocked if Alvaro was getting well paid to perform ice-pick lobotomies or some sort of brain washing that fully replaces independent thought with approved LPC talking points ”

Back