• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank you Canadians for Supporting me to find 155 SD&GHighlanders

Wigger KF vd Horst

Inactive
Reaction score
It's almost a year now that I'm searching for the names of 155 SD&GHighlanders. They are in an image made at Hilversum. In March 2005 I only knew two soldiers in the photo as "Lt. Gavin and Pte. Armstrong, because they stayed for some time with the van der Horst Family. Also I did not know even the name of the Regiment.

Today, almost one year later, I have to thank all the Veterans and their Relatives for their support throughout the whole period of time.
Today, I have not 1 photo, but ca. 35 photos which are related to first-one: the 155 SD&GHighlanders at Hilversum in front of the Ruysdaelschool.
Today, after a lot of restoring photo's, making pages with their photo's and text, searching for names on the internet, comparing photos (SD&GH) with the 155, to find the same soldier. Well, it was quite a job and also not yet finished.
Today, it's a special day. We (all the supporters) reached a total of ONE HUNDRED NAMES and we all have to admit this is quite an event to celebrate.
All the information goes to musea in Canada and the Netherlands and to Archives, because the total Collection is especially for our future generations. It's important they can not only see a picture with 155 soldiers, but they can read all the names in honour for what they did: They gave us our Freedom.

Quite a few native soldiers there.  Also, #111 looks like he had a rough night.

Hello

Having being In Holland during the liberation,I would like to say,I have never felt more welcome by anyone than I did in the netherlands in 45.

A.C.(parkie)

Back