• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Snowbird pilot OK after crash landing

I ask because you and others on here are SME's on all things AF and A/C. This is disturbing in so many ways.

That's what the extra pay is for, right? Kinda like....

It just seems a bit odd as the flight safety side of the world is much much better at designing things that need to go in a certain way to only fit together a certain way, and otherwise take human factor engineering into account at every stage of the design and operation. Maybe it's just such an old design that it wasn't common place to do that, but still.

Hopefully they retire this fleet soon as it seems to be at the critical point of the bathtub curve.

I ask because you and others on here are SME's on all things AF and A/C. This is disturbing in so many ways.

What's so disturbing? When a component is installed incorrectly as designed, you can run into issues. I'm sure there are ways to misassemble things on every jet engine out there which can cause failure of the entire system.

Hopefully they retire this fleet soon as it seems to be at the critical point of the bathtub curve.

Last three crashes had nothing to do with the age of the fleet.

Back