• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should I go out west while I wait to hear back?

RectorCR

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied as DEO Infantry Officer back in October 2012. I finished my CFAT, medical, and interview April 4, 2013 and was told by my local recruiter the other day that my file had been processed and all I could do now was wait.

I have a job I can take in Alberta (I'm in Nova Scotia) but am afraid that when I get out there that's when they'll call and ship me off to St. Jean.
I see that there's a BMOQ course starting May 27th and would hate to pay to fly out there and then find out that's when I'm going. Conversely I'd hate to stay where I'm at and find out that I'm not leaving until something like September.

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter or knows anything about course dates for my particular entry plan and occupation that would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think anyone can tell you what you should or shouldn't do. But IMO you should have a look at the time frames in general that people are waiting between the completion of their testing and when they actually receive a job offer.  It can be quite lengthy.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-1229379/topicseen.html#new

If you have the chance at a decent opportunity to take in the meantime, it stands to reason that there's a very good chance it would be a while until your offer of employment simply based on the numerous examples on this board. But, only you can decide if it's the right thing for you to do.

I've been looking at the samples all the way back to 2010 and the problem is that the times people wait varies so much. Some people wait as little as four weeks to get an answer and then another two weeks to be sworn in and sent off while other have waited up to three years and everything in between.
I've tried to get some clarity about my situation from my local recruiter but he's been not very helpful.

I guess the real question I'm asking here is whether my presumption that DEO's usually have their BMOQ in August/September is true...that's the impression I'm getting from reading this forum. It would seem that the May 27th course I hope to get on is primarily for RMC students.

RectorCR said:
I guess the real question I'm asking here is whether my presumption that DEO's usually have their BMOQ in August/September is true...that's the impression I'm getting from reading this forum. It would seem that the May 27th course I hope to get on is primarily for RMC students.

Unfortunately, from what I've come to learn, every case is individual/unique.

You could always transfer your file to a recruiting centre close to where you would be working, than if an offer comes up you wouldn't have to go to wherever you were previously for enrollment etc.

Also, I thought the military paid for your transportation to BMQ/BMOQ?

Edit: Ah, noticed you meant about paying for transportation to where your job would be.

I'd factor in the amount of money you'd be making, vs the cost, compared to what you're making currently.

Back