• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt Johnson Beharry VC held up at JFK for 3 hours after Trump crackdown

• Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date
J

jollyjacktar

‘I was humiliated... is it because I'm a bit Asian-looking?' VC hero Johnson Beharry was held at US immigration for three hours after Trump's new travel crackdown 
-A British war hero was treated with 'suspicion' of being a terrorist at JFK airport 
-Victoria Cross recipient Johnson Beharry was going to a veteran's charity gala
-Beharry was held in the New York airport for three hours as he had been to Iraq
-He traveled to the US during Donald Trump's immigration ban on seven nations

A British war hero was left 'humiliated' by US immigration officials during Donald Trump’s immigration clampdown as he had an Iraqi stamp in his passport.  Victoria Cross recipient Johnson Beharry was delayed for three hours at JFK Airport in New York as staff scrutinsed his passport.  Beharry was on route to a charity event, that was once backed by Donald Trump, on January 27 where he was to be a guest of honour. 

The 37-year-old has since spoke of his anger about being treated by security staff with 'suspicion' of being terrorist despite fighting alongside US troops in the last Iraq war and gaining the highest military decoration for valour in the British and Commonwealth forces.  
Speaking on Saturday he said: 'I felt humiliated. I think they held me because my passport showed I'd been to Iraq.
'Maybe I am a bit Asian-looking but that doesn't mean I should be treated with the same suspicion as a terrorist. I explained that I had been in Iraq fighting for the British army but they didn't seem to care.

A British war hero was left 'humiliated' by US immigration officials during Donald Trump’s immigration clampdown as he had an Iraqi stamp in his passport.
Victoria Cross recipient Johnson Beharry was delayed for three hours at JFK Airport in New York as staff scrutinsed his passport.
Beharry was on route to a charity event, that was once backed by Donald Trump, on January 27 where he was to be a guest of honour. 

The 37-year-old has since spoke of his anger about being treated by security staff with 'suspicion' of being terrorist despite fighting alongside US troops in the last Iraq war and gaining the highest military decoration for valour in the British and Commonwealth forces.  

Speaking on Saturday he said: 'I felt humiliated. I think they held me because my passport showed I'd been to Iraq.
'Maybe I am a bit Asian-looking but that doesn't mean I should be treated with the same suspicion as a terrorist. I explained that I had been in Iraq fighting for the British army but they didn't seem to care.

Full Story and Photos Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4192774/Victoria-Cross-war-hero-Johnson-Beharry-humiliated-US-border-officials.html#ixzz4XpMHQ8f7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know a tiny bit of how he feels.  I was sent to Norfolk in 03 for a training course and was routed through Detroit not more than a week or so after Chrétien told Bush we wouldn't be joining them for fun in Iraq .  I was given a hard time and tons of stink eye by the Border Service Agent, he wasn't keen about a Canadian coming into the country.  While I was there though, the ME looking folks were getting pulled into secondary screening, left, right and centre.  Such a sad change from the days gone by when it was a smile and a wave from officials when you were crossing from one side to the other.  I know, it's their country and they control who gets in or not. 

Back