• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

(SGT?) Franck Gervais (split from Walts, posers)

x_para76

Inactive
Reaction score
Did anyone see this Walt interviewed on the TV yesterday? Only difference is he was wearing an RCR cap badge on his horribly formed maroon beret.

X_para76 said:
Did anyone see this Walt interviewed on the TV yesterday? Only difference is he was wearing an RCR cap badge on his horribly formed maroon beret.

Who is this effin clown....... :facepalm:

Not a member of Le Regiment de Hull, I can guarantee that.  And for cripes' sake.... an infantry sash while wearing an armoured regiment's cap badge?  Someone direct this man to some instructions about walting in style  :facepalm:

Armoured cap badge, infantry sash (worn on the wrong side), aiguillettes, chin strap beard. If you're gonna Walt, go hard.

He has white para wings, pathfinder badge and all the other things mentioned that do not add up. There are not that many actual pathfinders when I was still in. I am not even sure if they course is still run. But the numbers were never very great and everyone new each other directly or through reputation.

His medals are highly suspect. My screen capture of his image was not great so correct me if I am wrong but he is wearing:

Medal of Bravery (MB) Not possible, not listed in GG lists of awards for bravery There are 3029 awards for bravery under all categories since 1964 and he is not listed anywhere.
SSM - NATO possible
looks like ICCS Awarded for 90 days cumulative service between 28 January 1973 to 30 April 1975 in VietnamNot possible he is not old enough The only persons who I met in my time in from 1973 to 1989 that had that medal were one WO and 2 x Majors. And they were that rank in 1975.
Non-Article 5 NATO Medal for Operations in the Balkans possible
CD ?? Could be but my screen capture is not sharp enough.

Not likely the ICCS, but the UNPROFOR.

Ribbon doesn't look right for the CD.....Too much white.

For what itt is worth, there is no Sgt Frank Gervais in OUTLOOK and once MM is back, I will check there. If recently retired, there should be record of a request to wear his uniform.
I never paid attention to these things before but for some reason, this year, this really pisses me off.

prairefire said:
He has white para wings, pathfinder badge and all the other things mentioned that do not add up. There are not that many actual pathfinders when I was still in. I am not even sure if they course is still run. But the numbers were never very great and everyone new each other directly or through reputation.

His medals are highly suspect. My screen capture of his image was not great so correct me if I am wrong but he is wearing:

Medal of Bravery (MB) Not possible, not listed in GG lists of awards for bravery There are 3029 awards for bravery under all categories since 1964 and he is not listed anywhere.
SSM - NATO possible
looks like ICCS Awarded for 90 days cumulative service between 28 January 1973 to 30 April 1975 in VietnamNot possible he is not old enough The only persons who I met in my time in from 1973 to 1989 that had that medal were one WO and 2 x Majors. And they were that rank in 1975.
Non-Article 5 NATO Medal for Operations in the Balkans possible
CD ?? Could be but my screen capture is not sharp enough.

I thought the medal to the right of his SSM was the Peacekeeping medal?

There are some CANSOF members with medals that are not gazetted. I doubt that is the case here, but it has happened.

Infantry Sgt in The RCR without sash?  Walt.
RCR Sgt with maroon beret but no brigade or div patches means he's not in 3 RCR.
He's not at the Canadian Army Advanced Warfare Centre. 

These two things mean "Walt"

Cyprus ribbon with NATO medal?  Walt.

Waltasaurus Rex :)

Folks,
I'm working on a story about this guy.  Please feel free to send me any intel/info.  I'm also looking for an ex-RCR pathfinder who would be willing to go on the record and help me establish how we know he's not a soldier.
Best,
James
james.cudmore@cbc.ca

cudmore said:
Folks,
I'm working on a story about this guy.  Please feel free to send me any intel/info.  I'm also looking for an ex-RCR pathfinder who would be willing to go on the record and help me establish how we know he's not a soldier.
Best,
James
james.cudmore@cbc.ca

...and, for those who don't know and may be a little hesitant,  Mr. Cudmore has always been one of the journalists on very good terms with army.ca.
Bruce
Staff

There are numerous sites on Facebook made up of serving and former military members that are raging about this guy.  Many are already contacting James Cudmore (above) about this through CBC contact numbers in both Ottawa and Toronto.

These contact numbers were posted on another site following this:

CBC Ottawa Newsroom TEL: (613) 288-6445 or james.cudmore@cbc.ca

CBC Toronto is aware as well (416) 205 5808. Or (416) 205 2500.

The numerous Facebook sites tracking this character have numerous photos of this him in numerous versions of the CAF uniform, not only as an RCR.  As noted above, the Facebook page for Frank Gervais is now 'unavailable'. 

Bruce Monkhouse said:
...and, for those who don't know and may be a little hesitant,  Mr. Cudmore has always been one of the journalists on very good terms with army.ca.
Bruce
Staff
:nod:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Bruce
Staff

Probably because he is one of us. former M/Cpl J Cudmore.  8)

Jamie  J*** T***** is former 3RCR and Pathfinder , I'll hook you up with him via FB tonight and see if he's willing to go on record.

George Wallace said:
There are numerous sites on Facebook made up of serving and former military members that are raging about this guy.  Many are already contacting James Cudmore (above) about this through CBC contact numbers in both Ottawa and Toronto.

These contact numbers were posted on another site following this:

CBC Ottawa Newsroom TEL: (613) 288-6445 or james.cudmore@cbc.ca

CBC Toronto is aware as well (416) 205 5808. Or (416) 205 2500.

The numerous Facebook sites tracking this character have numerous photos of this him in numerous versions of the CAF uniform, not only as an RCR.  As noted above, the Facebook page for Frank Gervais is now 'unavailable'.

I almost feel sorry for what is about to fall on Walt's head.  But I am looking forwards to the light show I anticipate will errupt when it does.  >:D

When veterans wear their uniforms, say for remembrance day, do they require permission?
This guy's offence is for wearing a combination of stuff he hasn't earned/wasn't a part of, or just wearing the uniform as a ex-military/civilian, even if everything he wore made sense?

Back