• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running

There are folks running 5k in 15 min. Anything (almost!!) is possible, if you work hard at 'er. It's all about trg, sticking with it, and having a goal.

I've been a runner off and on for years, ran a few 10k, the Tilburg Ten Miler, the odd 5k...and the biggest thing I've learned are the three points above. I'm almost forty, so I have a goal of running a half this October, if not sooner, so I can get a full in under my belt before I hit the big 4-0.

Zulopol said:
6km in 30min :O omg I dont think is possible.. 12km/H Running Speed  :-\
That is only a 5 min km - a good distance pace.

Hello, theres something i am not sure about the running test for recruitment, i know that i have to to run 2.4km under 11:56m, but i was wondering if the road would also include some hill to climb or its just a straight road? That would make a difference, however i am still untrained, i did the test and i can run about 7km without stopping in 30mins with some light climbing on the way for about 1km.

Hello everyone:

I most likely am going on a BMQ course this fall/winter for AVN Tech

I was wondering if anyone know's the distance ran every morning?

I currently can do 5k in 28 min, i would like to get that down to 25 min

If someone recenly has went to BMQ and could let me know that would be great for my training.

Thank you

Firstly, congratulations on getting your offer. Secondly, as for the distance ran every morning, it varies depending on your staff. Most mornings we did 3.2ish km's. Others the staff blocked off some time and we ended up running 6.4. With that said, at no point should you become comfortable running at a single pace. Always strive to beat your time, run faster and further. You'll never really know just how far or how hard they're going push you. There has been some good advice given on this thread, I'd advise scrolling through the pages and seeing what some of the other members have recommended. Hope this helps. -Badger :cdn:

Thank you for the reply.

Reading the other posts i should be in good enough shape to do well on the course.
Its just a waiting game for me now, unfortunatly there are no selection dates schedualed for avn tech even though there are several positions available the recruiter told me.

Any other training tips to improve are always welcome.
Thanks again

Thanks to the many people with insight and tips on this topic, my running has greatly improved.  I'm running 2.2k in 10 minutes, I'm pushing myself through speed drills, and I'm running 5k comfortably and without issues.  I plan to increase my distance now.  And hopefully with continued effort, the speed drills won't always feel like my lungs want to explode...

Pushpin said:
Thanks to the many people with insight and tips on this topic, my running has greatly improved.

In case you need more,

Running: Training, Problems, Techniques, Questions, etc
http://army.ca/forums/threads/22788.0;nowap
18 pages.

Congratulations on your progress.  :)

I did yesterday 10K in 57 minutes 24 seconds. For man in his 40+ is not bad ?
But I heard  better is to do 10K in 50 minutes

Back