• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Application process and questions

raoufhakam

Inactive
Reaction score
greetings everyone and first, i'd like to thank everyone for the tons of useful information i've been surfing in this website.
so, i'm applying for Army Reserve and i've passed CFAT, Medical part 1 & 2, Interview, and reserve PT test. now what ?
MCC told me that i did very well in CFAT (he said not so well but ok in Verbal, and got all the Spatial and problem solving correct), medical part 1 & 2 done with no problem, WO who conducted the tests said my medical file (as well as everyone's else) will be sent to Ottawa for approval but he will send a recommendation to my unit as i did pretty well with no problem. Interview was mostly Yes/No questions and Officer told me i passed with no issue and was told that once they finish processing my application it will be sent back to my local reserve unit for further processing.
I got a call last Thursday from the Corporal handling my application in CFRC Halifax saying that i passed everything (CFAT, Medical, Interview) and that a quick background check will be conducted in Ottawa for my application because i have an immediate relative (oldest brother) living abroad, and she said this will only take a couple days.
now my questions are:
1/ would this "quick background check) have any effect on my application or how quick it processed?
2/ i've read from other members here that some of them were told by their respective local reserve unit of what positions/trade are actually available or vacant. the recruiter in my local reserve unit didnt seem to actually answer this question, he said "there is infantry, artillery, engineers, signals ....etc unit in Halifax"but never actually told me if any of these are currently looking for new recruits or not??
3/whats the next step in processing my application after passing all CFAT, Medical, Interview, whats next?
4/ now that its end of march, would i still stand a chance of hopefully start training during this summer for basic?
Thanks everyone in advance

raoufhakam said:
now my questions are:
1/ would this "quick background check) have any effect on my application or how quick it processed?
2/ i've read from other members here that some of them were told by their respective local reserve unit of what positions/trade are actually available or vacant. the recruiter in my local reserve unit didnt seem to actually answer this question, he said "there is infantry, artillery, engineers, signals ....etc unit in Halifax"but never actually told me if any of these are currently looking for new recruits or not??
3/whats the next step in processing my application after passing all CFAT, Medical, Interview, whats next?
4/ now that its end of march, would i still stand a chance of hopefully start training during this summer for basic?
Thanks everyone in advance

1.  Background checks can take anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks.  All depends on whether or not they can get ahold of your references.
2.  Your CFRC wouldn't be processing your application, unless the unit you applied told them to process you and they would normally only do that, if they were prepared to offer you a possible position/job.  So they should have told you, just what the "possible" would be.
3.  Your Reserve Unit offers you a position/job.
4.  Only your Reserve Unit can answer this.

Seeing that Combat Engineer is your first choice you should head on down to where the Engineers parade. You will get a chance to see what they do on a parade night and see if they have any open positions.

Teager said:
Seeing that Combat Engineer is your first choice you should head on down to where the Engineers parade. You will get a chance to see what they do on a parade night and see if they have any open positions.
The local unit im applying for is 20 Engineer Squadron here in Halifax, which is part of the 36 Combat Engineer Regiment stationed in Sydney.
I know the 20 Engineer Squadron is stationed in CFB Shearwater right no (which is mainly an air force base) but i couldnt find any information (email, telephone, training nights, ...or anything) about this unit online, i could only find information about the main unit which is in Sydney.
Can i just drive to CFB Shearwater entrance gate and ask if they have a telephone number or info abiut the engineers unit? And if i can get these info, am i allowed to get into the base and watch one of their training/parade nights and meet or talk to them? Dont you need a DND ID or something to get into CF bases?

P.s. as far as i knew from my reserve recruiter is that this (20 Engineer Squadron) is a new unit that was formed recently, so thats probably the reason why i cant find much information about it yet?

Squadrons are a part of the regiment. So you are first applying to 36 Combat Engineer Regiment, then specifying that you want 20 Squadron.

If you are interested in joining 36 Combat Engineer Regiment please contact our recruiting office at 1-902-563-7100 ext 7220.

http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/36-combat-engineer-regiment/index.page

Might be worth calling tomorrow.

Back