• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remains found at Kamloops residential school 'not an isolated incident,' Indigenous experts and leaders warn

So ”free speech”, as long as that “free speech” is first approved by the Indigenous Representative to the U of L student council?

Or any other unelected, unaccountable, self-serving, virtue signaling organization ;)

Some people are still under the naïve belief that any part of the educational system, particularly the post secondary part, is still a bastion of free speech, inquiry and exploration.

Using the assumption that one needs a modicum of intelligence to be accepted at a university, some of those folks might want to inform themselves of the 'hate speech' laws in Canada.

Problem is that if you start pushing for factual details, you get shot down. Very few people deny the residential school systems or that it was a bad idea. Or that government policy on FN's was self-defeating. But there is a strong desire currently to paint FN's as these holier than thou people that lived a life that was close to utopia at the time this was first implemented. I would love to see an educational component that covers both the good and bad of the various Indigenous cultures from pre-contact, contact and, implementation of the residential school system and attempts to change and reform it and government maleficence to stymie those changes, Sadly there are many people both indigenous and non-indigenous that do not want a real factual discussion as it does not serve their agendas.

You things like slavery, cannibalism, and a considerable amount of warfare that included one nation taking land from another nation?

I'm guessing we will probably never see cancel culture cross that line to the point that we see specific first nations excluded from land acknowledgements or see Brantford renamed.

Last edited:
You have erred Comrade, its off to the re-education camp for you........

There is a well documented methodology available, fortunately ;)

A Clockwork Orange Eyes GIF

-5 (social credit deduction). Warning: any further credit loss will see your authorization to operate a MV reduced by 500 kms per month until your credit raises above baseline of zero (0).

Now you’re getting it!

Btw have you developed secret police with a network of informants?
Or re education camps? You know where the counter revolutionaries are dealt with? Nudge nudge wink wink 😉

Interesting article looking at why the Feds could not close down the schools when they wanted to.

Maybe "paywalled" is a benefit. I take a jaundiced view of anything in "The Epoch Times". Not that they are inherently dishonest (I don't know; I've never closely scrutinized their publications, since the one time I did go past the homepage, my email was inundated with affiliated spam - I learned my lesson), but I also don't take as gospel much of anything that is in the "opinion" section of any publication without verifying the credentials of the author or the sources from which any "facts" are reported. Luckily, Google did provide some alternate sites where the piece can be read. Some, like "True North" bend somewhat in the same direction as the linked publication, in fact most of the sites that repeated the piece have a right leaning bias including the original source (C2C Journal), but their media rating of "mostly factual" is primarily due to a lack of transparency in ownership.

I will agree that the piece is "interesting" at first read. However, I will probably have to more closely analyze the piece before I change my first glance impression that the author's conclusions may be somewhat overly simplified.

Maybe "paywalled" is a benefit. I take a jaundiced view of anything in "The Epoch Times". Not that they are inherently dishonest (I don't know; I've never closely scrutinized their publications, since the one time I did go past the homepage, my email was inundated with affiliated spam - I learned my lesson), but I also don't take as gospel much of anything that is in the "opinion" section of any publication without verifying the credentials of the author or the sources from which any "facts" are reported. Luckily, Google did provide some alternate sites where the piece can be read. Some, like "True North" bend somewhat in the same direction as the linked publication, in fact most of the sites that repeated the piece have a right leaning bias including the original source (C2C Journal), but their media rating of "mostly factual" is primarily due to a lack of transparency in ownership.

I will agree that the piece is "interesting" at first read. However, I will probably have to more closely analyze the piece before I change my first glance impression that the author's conclusions may be somewhat overly simplified.
I will also argue that Eugenics played a part in the thinking of policy makers between 1895 to the mid 1920's as it was very much the fad with the political correct class at the time. It's association with the Nazi's dealt it the death blow it needed.

Back