• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RE-Enrollment question / CFNRC

whelton44

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone im just wondering if someone can please shed some light if possible on my current situation.

I served 5 years as a Port Inspection Diver (00226) with the reserves then last december i released because i was offered a job as a civi firemen . I took the job and am now employed but i had a long hard thought of joining back up to persue my original goal in the CF which was a reg frc Cmbt Engr as i was only 16 and only one position was available at the time i took the oppurtunity with the navel reserves.

I have gone through the first steps of enrolling again and was called and given a green light by CFNRC north bay with a recruit school by pass and told my file would be at my local DET in a weeks time , its now 3 weeks later and i have heard nothing .
I have been proactive and have been told again that i was approved and able to keep my previous ap test scores and continue to medical and interview and that it would take no time at all so i could make arrangments with my Department .

My question is this ive heard that if a trade was full they may have given me the go ahead but my previous service may not grant me any merit over those other applicants and i may be SOL and will not hear back from them until im sent a letter saying my application will not be processed further.
Ive been looking forward to going back to the CF and making many preps at home and with my current employer who was very understanding but now i feel like i may have spoke to soon and be sittin on my A#@ in a months time still on Civi Street.

If anyone has any experience with this and could give me some info that would be great it looks like my file manager in north bay is on vacation (YAY for me) and i have been unable to have my call answered at the detachment there .

Just looking for some peace of mind and hopefully my new career!

Thanks!

So you quit your job before you got another job? That doesn't sound like a smart thing to do, especially since there are very few spots a year in combat arms trades. There's nothing you can do but wait.

no i did not quit my job but i did let my employer know of my decision but thats what i figured was just sit and wait

I don't think MOS ID 226 is a valid Reg F occupation and only applicable to the NAV Res.  Which Reg F occupation did you apply for?

226 was my previous MOC when i was in the reserves .
I applied for Reg Force Combat Engineer now , quick update also got a call today and im booked for medical and interview next week

Back