• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question Regarding Sec Mbr.

Cpl. Williamson

Inactive
Reaction score
I just Seen the Cadre List for the 04 Serial Of The Sec Member Course.

MAST
LET
WATERMANSHIP (Instructed bY Mast Cadre)
DEMOLITIONS

My Question is How Do they plan on Squeezing in LET Cadre? Possibly Shortening Up Demo?

(My old answer & some additional text reposted to replace conversation that was lost)

This is probably a return to the old way of doing things. The R041 QL3 Part 1 used to consist of small tools (hammer, chainsaw, axe, etc), knots & lashings, and Sp Wpns (C6, C9, Carl G, NM72, and hand grenade). Everything was taught by the courseā€˜s staff, but the weapons instruction was overseen by a LET cadre (to ensure safety & standards).

Pt 2 was always demolitions. It was fully taught by Demo Cadre. Pt 3 was half mine warfare and half bridging & watermanship. It was fully the responsibility of the Crse staff (however, due to some problems on MGB sites, a bridging cadre was later added).

I was RETS staff a few summers before SQ came into existence but when its pending implementation was known. Some of the observations that we passed higher were that candidates were not yet soldiers when they arrived for course and that they lacked skills in areas of field craft (some did not know what a fire trench was), bush craft, and NBCD. We recommended that all these skills & the weapons training should be done on the SQ course (as every soldier must have these skills).

I understand LET is returning to teach the M203 to the Sect Mbr course (and this summer only to the Sect 2ic course). However, I have heard that some of the other support weapons may still be in the Sect Mbr course and were not moved to the SQ. Is this true?

To my Knowledge the Sec Mbr Course is Devoid of Machine guns,
But has The 84mm and Possibly M-72 but MG's stayed on SQ as fair as i know.

Back