• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about joining...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canada14

Good Day,

Was thinking about joining army, and wanted to know some stuff before go to talk to a recruiter. Ive read a few threads where you have to do aptitude test, fitness stuff and interviews, what happens after you complete all this good stuff do you have to wait like 3-5 months then to get in or you in usally right away? I was thinking about pilot or air traffic control but I know I probally wouldnt score high enought on the aptitude , so I was thinking something along frontlines. What is the basic pay for someone like that?

Basically that all I wanted to know, thanks for the help
have a good day. :salute: :cdn:

Just to add to these questions i was told that around 4/10 might be accepted. I have a friend who is going into the navy and was accepted and from what he says he didnt even do good during the physical fitness test. What kinds of people don't make?  Is it usually a medical problem or just the problem of not being prepared.

First and foremost, spend some time reading about the CF.

Best place to start is the CF recruiting site. Read everything there, watch the videos etc. Then read the pages for the Army, Navy, and Airforce. Also, a good resource here on Army.ca is the FAQ section.

When you got through all that material, you will be in a good position to start making some choices of what your role in the CF might be. You will also able to ask intelligent questions to the recruiter.

Pieman

Why dont Infantry Soldier  get paid? or maybe i read it wrong

.... infantry soldiers get paid.... everybody gets paid.

Oops read wrong thing. What is it mean but non-commissioned members? These videos are great helps, thanks again  :salute:

Canada14 said:
Oops read wrong thing. What is it mean but non-commissioned members? These videos are great helps, thanks again   :salute:

Best place to start is the CF recruiting site. Read everything there, watch the videos etc. Then read the pages for the Army, Navy, and Airforce. Also, a good resource here on Army.ca is the FAQ section.

When someone gives you good advice, try following it before you ask another DA question.   The following was found on the recruiting website, surprise.

Non-Commissioned Members
The Non-Commissioned Member (NCM) is the backbone of the military. NCMs start out as recruits and are then trained to do specific occupations in the CF. Some are trained as technicians to keep the equipment repaired; some are operators that use specific and complicated electrical and mechanical equipment; and some are users of general equipment. There are 73 NCM occupations available in the CF. Your training will be specific for the occupation in which you are enrolled. To be eligible you should have at least grade 10 or Secondary III (Quebec) and be a Canadian citizen (Landed Immigrants may apply to the Reserves). More education is better: high school diploma is preferred. There are NCMs in the Regular Force and the Reserves. For more information contact or visit your local recruiting office and discuss your options with a recruiter. Please call: 1-800-856-8488.

That's almost as funny as the dude who didn't know what dobule time was... even before I joined cadets many years ago, I knew what double time was, just from watching cheesy war movies  :D

Why doesnt Canadian Army have chat with a recruiter, that way people wouldnt ask stupid questions over and over. We also wouldnt have to hear smart a** remarks from other people. People that leave the remarks basically have nothing better to do, a grown up remark would of been much appreciated. Instead a bunch of you blow something up to be very immature. ::)

Man is this what people are really like in Canadian Army.  ???

Have you even read the FAQ that we have hear and looked through the recruiting forum. If you cannot take what have been given out here then I suggest you may want to think about other employment.

Canada14 said:
Why doesnt Canadian Army have chat with a recruiter, that way people wouldnt ask stupid questions over and over. We also wouldnt have to hear smart a** remarks from other people. People that leave the remarks basically have nothing better to do, a grown up remark would of been much appreciated. Instead a bunch of you blow something up to be very immature. ::)

Man is this what people are really like in Canadian Army.   ???

This is what passes for recruits these day ?  " don't yell at me , it'll hurt my feelings".......

If yo can't take a joke kid, don't join    ::)

First I wasn't yelling, just making a point as how I saw it, your sense of humor maybe different then mine. Yes I did read the FAQ stuff and did take his advice and read the webpage to get more information. This is good thought getting to know what people are like in the army tho. Ill just leave this as is, thanks for the help. 8)

If you have such a problem with the style of comments made around here, you are in for a tough ride in the military kid.  And trust me, it's not just me.  Look at Fry, i picked on him earlyer, and he's ok with that, we even joked about it !!!

Lighten up or your time in the military will be short and painful

Yeah  a few years down the road Id probally find the question quite silly my self. But as a newbie, I thought Id just get a quick thing say blah blah , not a joke of the situation.  Reason I asked about the money cause I was reading about something about Volunteer stuff. You must be pretty cool picking on people then  ::)  Anyways no need to rumble anymore, thanks for the tips, and hopefully Ill get the jokes in the future 8).

Lighten up or your time in the military will be short and painful - Will take the advice  :warstory:

Canada14 said:
....You must be pretty cool picking on people then   ::)   

Is that sass....cuz if it is, there may just be hope for you yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back