• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pushups- Try Reading Here First- Merged Thread

fatboy777 said:
i tryed to get advice from my brother hes in the army as a medic, he told me its a walk in the park and i'll be fine, but im not so sure, he also told me to lie about past marajauna use and that they dont drug test you in or before basic.

One piece of advice. DO NOT LIE. Marijuana will most likely not make it impossible to get in. They just want you clean for 'x' amount of time. Take that time to get fit. I am not a recruiter or in the army or in a medical trade, but this is my understanding and advice.

Take it for what you will.
Abdullah

fatboy777 said:
... he also told me to lie about past marajauna use and that they dont drug test you in or before basic.

He's right in that they don't test you.

He's wrong in that you should lie. I'm sorry if I'm about to offend your family, but I'm quite disturbed that a serving member (a medic to boot) would openly advocate that you lie on an application to the FORCES.

Keep up your fitness regiment, get that weight down, keep doing push-ups, and stay away from the pot brownies. You're on the right track.

fatboy777 said:
i tryed to get advice from my brother hes in the army as a medic, he told me its a walk in the park and i'll be fine, but im not so sure, he also told me to lie about past marajauna use and that they dont drug test you in or before basic.

::)

I'm sure you have more shocking admissions than that. Come on, bring out the big guns. 

If you lie and they find out later down the road you will be charged. To pass the drug screening you need to be clean for 2 or more years. I did my CFAT and drug questionnaire in April 2015. This is what the people at CFRC have told me.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

The "Do not lie" part has been explained many times,

Merged drugs thread (previous use, testing, etc.) 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12779.0
46 pages.

Be honest about your past.  On the topic of pushups, do what's called greasing the groove.

I'll post a link but essentially it involves doing pushups throughout the day but never to your maximum effort.  You'll see massive gains very quickly.

https://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/greasing-the-groove-how-to-make-it-work-for-you

Do 60 to 70 percent of what your max is 5 or 6 Times a day, 5 to 6 Times a week and you'll see massive improvement.  Works for pretty much any muscle group you want to target.

Adding for reference,

Humphrey Bogart said:
On the topic of pushups, do what's called greasing the groove.

I'll post a link but essentially it involves doing pushups throughout the day but never to your maximum effort.  You'll see massive gains very quickly.

https://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/greasing-the-groove-how-to-make-it-work-for-you

Do 60 to 70 percent of what your max is 5 or 6 Times a day, 5 to 6 Times a week and you'll see massive improvement.  Works for pretty much any muscle group you want to target.

messupdude said:
If you lie and they find out later down the road you will be charged. To pass the drug screening you need to be clean for 2 or more years. I did my CFAT and drug questionnaire in April 2015. This is what the people at CFRC have told me.

You do not need to be clean for 2+ years. My brother in law did his cfat/tsd/drug info form late 2015 and admitted to smoking weed a month prior. His file was closed and they told him to re open in May 2016.

dbrks88 said:
You do not need to be clean for 2+ years. My brother in law did his cfat/tsd/drug info form late 2015 and admitted to smoking weed a month prior. His file was closed and they told him to re open in May 2016.
Weird. This was what I was told at the Vancouver CFRC around 2015 April.

messupdude said:
dbrks88 said:

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE.

We do not know the whole story, nor the amount or frequency that that person may have smoked weed.  There is a difference between having tried one joint, being an occasional user, or being a habitual user.  It will be up to the CFRC to determine which is the case for each individual as to what they will do in accepting or delaying an application.

George Wallace said:

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE.

We do not know the whole story, nor the amount or frequency that that person may have smoked weed.  There is a difference between having tried one joint, being an occasional user, or being a habitual user.  It will be up to the CFRC to determine which is the case for each individual as to what they will do in accepting or delaying an application.

Yeah I am sure it is different for everyone but the longest I have heard is generally 6 months. He was an every day smoker. He has done his medical/interview and recently had to redo his paperwork. He started smoking again. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed that is for sure.

Hard not to view this as a troll attempt.

Poster asks a pretty ridiculous question which his "brother in the military" apparently couldn't answer or wasn't asked.
Poster mentions drug use and his medic brother tells him to lie about it.
100lbs over weight.
Poster hasn't returned since registering.

We just had the same post a few months ago. 100+ pounds over weight and can't even do a pushup, can I still pass? type thing.
::)

Jarnhamar said:
Hard not to view this as a troll attempt.

That was my first thought...but then, I'm pretty cynical....  :dunno:

Hi im applying for the navy and it asks if your a visible minority is there any benefit to saying yes, tech i am mixed race my mother is white european heritage and my fathers family are sephardic jews from spain and morocco but i look kinda white, on the street and work white people think im white but non white people always ask me if im jewish but im actually christian. Im just worryed when i go to the recruiting centre they will be like this white guy thinks hes a minority lol.

Don't worry buddy!  Just tell them that they are racists if they assume your racial heritage.

Then tell them to check their "able to do more than one push-up" privilege at the door and remind them that pot is being decriminalized so it's okay that you used to smoke it.  Hows your weight loss going anyways?

fatboy777 said:
Hi im applying for the navy and it asks if your a visible minority is there any benefit to saying yes, tech i am mixed race my mother is white european heritage and my fathers family are sephardic jews from spain and morocco but i look kinda white, on the street and work white people think im white but non white people always ask me if im jewish but im actually christian. Im just worryed when i go to the recruiting centre they will be like this white guy thinks hes a minority lol.

I'm a non-white person and would have a hard time telling if someone was Jewish or Christian.  Did I miss that qualification somewhere?  :D

My luck im prob gona get a minority recruiting officer and hes gona be like wtf your white...should i just say no im not on aplication or do minoritys get better chances of geting in?

fatboy777 said:
My luck im prob gona get a minority recruiting officer and hes gona be like wtf your white...should i just say no im not on aplication or do minoritys get better chances of geting in?

Maybe ask him/her what constitutes a "visible minority", then decide accordingly? 

fatboy777 said:
Hi im applying for the navy

You have not heard about the navy, have you? Oh dear... they uh, 'like' minorities there...

and it asks if your a visible minority is there any benefit to saying yes

No, not at all. Well aside from easier bmq, you roll up and say you are a visible minority to your bmq instructor and they go easier on you... or so ive heard.

, tech i am mixed race my mother is white european heritage and my fathers family are sephardic jews from spain and morocco but i look kinda white,

Ok, your white. Maybe we should check the invisible minority box. Hell your a white christian dude.. cant be to mamy around. We should set you up a fb group.

on the street and work white people think im white

Wait, you work the streets? Like you know.. hustling... you may want to keep that on the d l my wigga.

but non white people always ask me if im jewish but im actually christian.

White people just dont understand, only the non white people understand us invisible minority pain and suffering. It is tough, I know.

Im just worryed when i go to the recruiting centre they will be like this white guy thinks hes a minority lol.

Maybe if they are rascist and right. You are white, hell a lot of arabs and north african are too. Get over it.

My benefit of the doubt just wore off for you. And I hope I dont get in trouble ;) if you arent trolling, stop worrying.

Abdullah

Ps Dimsum you didn't take the qualification course to be recognized as a non white person did you? The SJW University of PC land offers it, the course covers all this. It gives you the ability to jump to conclusions on all topics like religious identity and political leanings... it is a must have.

fatboy777 said:

Oh yeah I checked that box and they sent me an email the very next day. It is a golden ticket man.

fatboy777 said:

And just WHY are you assuming the recruiting officers gender?!

Make sure to tell them your a gay minority from an abused home for maximum privilege points.

Back