• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Port inspection divers

coors

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard a rumor  ::) that they were port inspection divers posted to Afghanistan during Apollo. Does anyone one now if this is true or if so if there are still postings? thanks

coors said:
I heard a rumor   ::) that they were port inspection divers posted to Afghanistan during Apollo. Does anyone one now if this is true or if so if there are still postings? thanks

I know there was, or possibly still are, members of the FDU's in the gulf area for naval-type diving, but as far as any PIDs in Afghanistan, that's a big negative.

Coors you do realize that Afghanistan is landlocked right?

really???!!! ::) I thought it was an island of the coast of Atlantis ;D anyways I heard that some PIDs had been sent to support the Ships divers on the CPFs

coors said:
really???!!! ::) I thought it was an island of the coast of Atlantis ;D anyways I heard that some PIDs had been sent to support the Ships divers on the CPFs

Wasn't any on Roto 0....

Thanks Ex-dragoon, further proof to be very wary of the rumor mill!

Why does it matter anyhow? By your profile, you're an infantryman. That's about as far from the Navy as you can get....

392 said:
Why does it matter anyhow? By your profile, you're an infantryman. That's about as far from the Navy as you can get....

Probably curiosity to learn how the other half does things. :)

I've been in the process of transfering for a year now, completed interviews, medical, and just waiting for Nav Res to 'rubber stamp'  approval. Should be done in a couple months  ::) Good enough reason? ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but are PID's not reserve? I know we had some Clearance divers when I was there on Regina.

sledge said:
Correct me if I am wrong but are PID's not reserve? I know we had some Clearance divers when I was there on Regina.

That is correct. We had Clearance Divers with us on Op Augmentation and the the Preserver had some embarked furing Roro 0 as well.

To settle the matter, there were Clearance Divers that hold "EOD" qualification present in the gulf region while Canada had a ship operating in the area. These members were not PID, but RegF Clearance Divers.

Back