• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paid Education for serving members

legionnaire007

Reaction score
Hello wonderful people,

hope everyone is doing well - could you please tell me what are the paid education options for regular serving members (officers)?

Thank you for your time.

Appreciate the response RichardCaan, I probably should clarify - I was asking about paid educational opportunities for those officers already serving in the Forces. I already have a Master's degree a would be joining as a DEO.

Appreciate the response RichardCaan, I probably should clarify - I was asking about paid educational opportunities for those officers already serving in the Forces. I already have a Master's degree a would be joining as a DEO.
Look at SRCP, CEOTP, IBDP. I don't think DEO would apply unless you got out and back in.

Also, the SDPEER (the thing that replaced ILP) might be a thing, however, I k ow there's a cap out on certain levels of education they're willing to pay for

Joining as DEO? There are sponsored and unsponsored Post Graduate programs, depending on military occupation and education sought.

There are also programs to remuster to Medical Officer or Legal Officer, which would entail additional obligatory service.

Look at SRCP, CEOTP, IBDP. I don't think DEO would apply unless you got out and back in.

Also, the SDPEER (the thing that replaced ILP) might be a thing, however, I k ow there's a cap out on certain levels of education they're willing to pay for
Truly appreciate your response, have a great day!

Joining as DEO? There are sponsored and unsponsored Post Graduate programs, depending on military occupation and education sought.

There are also programs to remuster to Medical Officer or Legal Officer, which would entail additional obligatory service.
That sounds interesting, does this mean that an officer could remuster to Medical Officer for example without having medical background?

Correct.

There are numerous steps to the process (minimum time served for eligibility, must be admitted to a Cdn medical school and other criteria must be met...) but a limited number of personnel are selected annually to move to the Medical and Legal occupations (I think Dental as well).

Wonderful opportunities that normally would not be available to many. Now, when it comes to being admitted to a Medical school - that may be a whole different challenge. I truly appreciate you sharing this, dapaterson :)

Back