• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NPF Statement of account

JSoff

Subscriber
Reaction score
So I am not %100 what this is, I received this email the other day which I assume they're setting up everything for when I get to basic?

But I am still not %100 sure as to what this is

Xjdh3bE.png

It's for your Mess Dues.  You'll get an electronic receipt via email for them.

PMedMoe said:

Ahh thank you :)  :salute: :facepalm:

PMedMoe said:

Or Canex plan! Mmmmm canex plan.

I can see how these canex plans will be awesome  ;D

AlphaBravo said:
I can see how these canex plans will be awesome  ;D

Like any sort of credit, with a proper budget, they can really give you a boost to get things you normally can't afford to pay outright. Especially since they're interest-free.

AlphaBravo said:
So I am not %100 what this is, I received this email the other day which I assume they're setting up everything for when I get to basic?

But I am still not %100 sure as to what this is

Xjdh3bE.png

Okay, there is something fundamentally wrong with this picture!!!  The guy hasn't even started BMQ yet and he is already receiving notice for payment of Mess Dues!!!  WTF???

DAA said:
Okay, there is something fundamentally wrong with this picture!!!  The guy hasn't even started BMQ yet and he is already receiving notice for payment of Mess Dues!!!  WTF???

Don't shoot the messenger haha?! Maybe I have magical talents? Or someone somewhere made a oops?

I guess some groups are faster than others when it comes to paperwork.

Ya - the kind that want your money, not that kind that owe you money.  Example of want - NPF.  Example of owe - TD claims section.  ^-^

DAA said:

And the amount is $0.00.

Much like I keep getting zero balance statements from Capital One.  And I haven't used that credit card in a few years....  :dunno:

Another interesting point is that this is not from the NDHQ NPF cell.  It's apparently from CFSU(O), who should not know that a recruit who has not even started BMQ yet even exists!  He won't be paying mess dues or anything to CFSU(O) NPF until he actually gets posted to Ottawa, which is unlikely anytime soon.  Something very fishy here.

Unless Ottawa is the one used for all recruits?? 

The address mine come from is cfmws@cfmws.com.

PMedMoe said:
Unless Ottawa is the one used for all recruits?? 

The address mine come from is cfmws@cfmws.com.

I received the email from that cfmws@cfmws.com email.

To further deepen the mystery, I started getting these in my e-mail three years ago, the month after I released (in Ottawa).  I kept getting them for about a year, and they just stopped.  I never did get to the bottom of where they were coming from.

I just got my first one in Jan from NPF 8 wing... I haven't belonged to 8 wing for 2 years.

kev994 said:
I just got my first one in Jan from NPF 8 wing... I haven't belonged to 8 wing for 2 years.

That reminds me of a situation many years ago when I received a letter from the Fleet Club looking for several years worth of mess dues for a sailor on board.  They wanted me to recover the money from his pay.  They were politely told to pound sand.  The sailor produced his PLCC card (remember those?), which clearly showed he had properly cleared in and out of the mess.  I was not going to retroactively do the job that they forgot.

Pusser said:
PLCC card (remember those?)

Still in use at my current loc and were still in use in Hfx (Stad at least) when I was there a few years back.  Are they going by the wayside in some places?

Eye In The Sky said:
Still in use at my current loc and were still in use in Hfx (Stad at least) when I was there a few years back.  Are they going by the wayside in some places?

Unfortunately I don't think so.  They are still in use in Kingston and Gagetown.

Back