• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No Experience? Plus Questions...

RTUS

Inactive
Reaction score
About a year or two ago I was on the verge of joining the the army, wanted to be an infantry solider. I did all my research and knew everything there was to know about the field. But some things happened which prevented me from going fully through with it. Now, I don't entirely remember everything... And am thinking of joining into something a little different, but have no experience...

I am 18, 19 next month... I have no experience whatsoever when it comes to being a technician or engineer or something along those lines, nor have I ever taken any classes about them. Will they train me from the start, or am i supposed to go to university or some form of schooling beforehand? Are these fields just for the experienced?

Which jobs in the forces require no previous knowledge or experience? I am definatly willing to learn, I'm just not really able to pay for my own schooling at the moment.

I'm open to anything... the Army, navy, airforce... you name it. I do have a few preferences, but we can put those aside for now.

I'm kind of dissapointed because I remember from way back, April is the month a lot of recruiting takes place, correct? I guess i'm kind of late... Does recruiting still happen frequently after april?

You don't need experience to go on forces.ca and find out for yourself. If there's a prerequisite for the job you want, you'll find out there.

http://www.forces.ca/en/JobExplorer/BrowseJobs-70

Well first of all, you should pick the three trades you want to feature on your application.

It varies from trade to trade, many trades will have you trained directly by the CF, for example combat engineer only requires a Sec 4 (Or grade 10), whereas a musician is obviously required to be able to play music. Others may subsidize your education in order to get the necessary competences.

You can get all the prerequisites for the trades at www.forces.ca

It's important to note that while some trades do not require formal training before enlistment, any qualifications you can offer may greatly augment your competitiveness.

Thank you, I didn't even realize you could click on all the jobs and they give you all the info.

You know how you pick your 3 trades right, are you able to chose one from the amy, navy, and air force? Or should you only stick to one category?

Also about being accepted, have they been hiring more people as of lately or is it still the same? I remember a year or two ago it was a really slow process, i'm guessing it hasn't changed?

*EDIT* I completely forgot about this, but I now remember that I actually already picked my 3 trades... I already signed many papers and been through this process before, I don't even remember what I chose... Infantry Soldier, MP, and something else i'm sure... How do I get back to that website, I remember they emailed me a link to it where I had to sign in and whatnot, I have no clue whats its called now though... don't remember my username/password either..

Well you should give careful thought to your three trades, don't think of them as 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice but rather as 3 first choices. You may be called to serve in any of your three trades.

The speed of the application varies from applicant to applicant, look at the application process samples for examples.

You can pick literally any trade (So yes, from any branch) on your application with the caveat that if it's closed, they'll tell you. If you want to know which trades are currently open, call your CFRC. Same thing with the number of people hired.

Chelomo said:
You can pick literally any trade (So yes, from any branch) on your application with the caveat that if it's closed, they'll tell you. If you want to know which trades are currently open, call your CFRC. Same thing with the number of people hired.

I just applied last month, and you have to designate the branch before selecting your trade. I was only able to select trades from 1 branch.

Back