• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEO's- looking for reviews and feedback

Have worn Navigator 5's down to -54 without including the wind chill. I only wore a pair of swats and the green sock system inside and me feet have never been warmer. I had the voyagers for an AEV course in Germany and were some of the best pieces of kit I have ever owned.

First off, sorry for the necro-post.

I just bought the XXL size adventurer NEOS ($100.79 at Work Authority on 137 Ave with 20% mil discount for you all in Edmonton). I wear size 12 SWATS, and they seem a little big. The Large didn't fit, and they had no XL's in stock. There's just a little bit of foot sticking over the end of the boot. Does anyone else that have had this problem have any complaints? I know it's better for them to be a little too big than too small... but going to be in Wainwright for a month.

Wish I had them in Gagetown in '09 lol...

Apologies for the necropost but I figured since it's on topic :

I never saw anyone reply here on the thread about colour of boot.  Is anything outside of black generally frowned upon, or is there typically lee-way (in units where NEO's aren't banned) as long as the colour isn't too goofy looking.

About to pick up a set of adventurers because my gut tells me the added insulation is unnecessary as I can build up all the warmth required from sock layers and whatever boots I have on.  Might spring for non-insulated ones with additional traction though if anyone can second that as a good idea.

Regards

I would definitely spring for the versions with the added traction. a lot of guys who use the insulated versions say they're too warm and you're feet end up sweating in them if you're being very active in them.

I have the plain Neo's and haven't issues with my feet getting cold wearing them in March and in the fall. They do soak through after awhile but it's gotta be pretty bad out for that to happen.

BorisK said:
....I never saw anyone reply here on the thread about colour of boot.  Is anything outside of black generally frowned upon, or is there typically lee-way (in units where NEO's aren't banned) as long as the colour isn't too goofy looking....

I'm not even aware of them offering any colors other than black, unless you're going for the food services or EXTRA tall wader type boots.

Back